cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: All 4 app not working

Mines not been working for a week, has anyone had any info as to how the tech folks are dealing with this as seems lots of us are in the same boat!

Highlighted
NOW TV Team
NOW TV Team

Hey everyone!

Can everyone let me know what firmware version their boxes are on currently?

Thanks

Graham

Highlighted
Mentor

Same problem here

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

What is firmware version please?

where do I find that?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

I ve had this exact problem everyone is describing for the last 3 weeks.

I can not believe there is no clue yet to what the solution is!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

“So as with so many others, I too have the problem with the All4 app and has anyone answered the question about how to find out which ‘firmware’ the box is using?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @JD11  @adi2007 

To find the firmware version on your nowtv box, go to settings, then select systems, then select About, where the firmware version is named software version on screen.

Whilst waiting for nowtv to get back to everybody, have any of you tried going into the secret hidden menu on screen by pressing the Home button 5 times, quickily followed by pressing the FF button 3 times, then quickily press the RW button 2 times on your remote to force a software update ?

Update the software even if on the same version number.

Looks like to me, it's only the nowtv white boxes that are effected when attempting to access & play the All 4 App, where all my non white nowtv boxes are running fine.

I hope the nowtv tech team gets this sorted soon for everybody who is effected.

Highlighted
Advocate

Thank you - mine is 7.5.3 build 4110-07 and as you say, a white box.  Who knew the colour of the box would be the problem!

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @JD11 

The white boxes are first generation where they haven't got the processing power grunt of the newer boxes that are dual & quad core.

The white boxes tend to struggle with power hungry Apps such has Netflix, hence the reason maybe Netflix and the UKTV Play Apps are not available on the white boxes.

I might be wrong speculating it's only the white boxes effected when using the All 4 App.

All i can say is my smart freeview and smart 4K nowtv boxes are working fine with the All 4 App currently.

Highlighted
Mentor

Thanks 

software version is 7.5.3 build 4110-07