cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

All 4 app not working

My All 4 app is not working on my Now TV (white) box. Every time I click on it it shows the loading bar along the bottom, and just as it looks as though the apps loaded, it brings me back to the 'My Apps' screen. I've tried switching it on and off, tried resetting my router and I've checked for system updates, but nothing has worked so far. Is anyone else having this issue or have any other suggestions on how I might fix it?

83 REPLIES 83
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The white boxes are first generation where they haven't got the processing power grunt of the newer boxes that are dual & quad core.

The white boxes tend to struggle with power hungry Apps such has Netflix, hence the reason maybe Netflix and the UKTV Play Apps are not available on the white boxes.

I might be wrong speculating it's only the white boxes effected when using the All 4 App.

All i can say is my smart freeview and smart 4K nowtv boxes are working fine with the All 4 App currently.

Graham-S
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User 

The white boxes are first generation where they haven't got the processing power grunt of the newer boxes that are dual & quad core.

The white boxes tend to struggle with power hungry Apps such has Netflix, hence the reason maybe Netflix and the UKTV Play Apps are not available on the white boxes.

I might be wrong speculating it's only the white boxes effected when using the All 4 App.

All i can say is my smart freeview and smart 4K nowtv boxes are working fine with the All 4 App currently.

"I might be wrong speculating it's only the white boxes effected when using the All 4 App"

You might be onto something. We'll have the firmware versions looked into tomorrow.

Thanks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also, it says it has been checking every day for updates and is up to date 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks 

software version is 7.5.3 build 4110-07

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For all you having problems with all4 app. Mine as off for 3 days, just gone on to channel4.com/roku  sign in or register, Mine is on now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did everything you suggested and still nothing. 

I guess this this is probably how all the owners of white boxes will be forced to buy a newer device.

can NowTv please advise us what we should do if the white boxes are not good enough anymore?

what is the most cost effective device to get and how to transfer over.

thank you 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I would hold fire on replacing your white box and see if between nowtv & channel 4 Tech depts can come up with a patch fix (unless you want too upgrade your box).

The cheapest option might be this deal for £10 in the link below if you have a Curry's Store near you and trade in your old white box if you wish to upgrade.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Stick/Currys-50-Trade-in-Offer-for-selected-NowTV-Sticks/m-p/492854#M2343

When you setup a new nowtv device, just use the same account details has your existing white box and all passes on your account will be available to use on your new device.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

version 7.5.3 build 4110-07 (or 0775.53E04110A build date 20180614 from secret menu)

All4 just causes box to go back to previous menu

Forced update didn't resolve issue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just finished the webchat and was told "to be honest the NOW TV White Box was the first box that we had introduced. Hence it might not supported some of the latest features and updates".

They have upgraded me to the now stick with a 50% discount, making it £7.49.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well done you!

They would only sell us one at full price but did offer to throw in 1month cinema pass which I don't want!  I just want to be able to watch All4.