cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to connect laptop

I work from home and have done for over a year now. Like most people, today I am unable to connect my laptop to the WiFi. I’ve tried remotely and I’ve also connected it using a wire and nothing is happening. Apparently it’s an issue Sky are aware of 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky are having DNS issues and this is affecting VPN connections etc.

Work around for me was to connect my works laptop to my mobile hotspot instead of my wifi. That then enabled me to connect to VPN although not sure how much of my data allowance that is going to use; but at least I can work.....for now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky are having DNS issues and this is affecting VPN connections etc.

Work around for me was to connect my works laptop to my mobile hotspot instead of my wifi. That then enabled me to connect to VPN although not sure how much of my data allowance that is going to use; but at least I can work.....for now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All seems to be working now. I was just told to do what you did, then you should be able to toggle back to WiFi as this should circumnavigate the whole security VPN issue as you’ve already passed that security part! I never got to test this theory out though 👍🏻

Anonymous User
Not applicable

At least we know for next time lol.........never had issue with NowTV / Sky broadband before but just lately there seems to be lots of issues........not sure what's going on with them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here’s hoping to not need it haha 
Yeah I’ve been with NowTV for a year and  never had any issues! Hopefully it’s another while before any inevitable issues arise again.