cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Switching to Now TV broadband from BT

Hi

I am new to the community and just wanted to check if I want to switch from BT broadband and phone to NOW TV broadband and phone do I have to contact BT separately or once you have ordered broadband and phone they automatically do it for you? 

Also do you keep your number??

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I switched from BT Broadband, Telephone and TV where NowTV did everything for me automatically where i didn't have to notify BT of my cancellation.

I am assuming you are out of contract with BT, otherwise there may be a cancellation penalty clause in the BT contract if you terminate the contract early ?

When you sign up on the NowTV website, make sure that you confirm when asked that you wish to keep your existing telephone number.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

excellent thank you for this!

How have you found Now TV compared to BT?

we have had employee broadband but have now left BT and want to switch provider.

reasrching over the internet Now TV appears to be one of the best for broadband and tv!

thanks for coming back to me so quickly!

much appreciated!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

With any service you will get different opinions from different customers experience's.

Me personally i haven't noticed any difference in my internet speeds or wifi performance when switched from BT to NowTV.

I have done three switch overs now (one with BT and two with TalkTalk for family members) and each time everything went fine and i have found no difference in the service performance between ISP's. 

Reading various posts on the  forum, a couple of customers have reported issues with BT Openreach if it wasn't a straight forward switch over job between ISP's.

Or other customers are disappointed with the wifi performance or reception coverage from the NowTV Hub router 2, but me personally i am totally happy with the  NowTV service and their Hub 2 router especially the amount of money i have saved each month when compared to the monthly costs that i was paying BT.

All three switchers overs took 14 days from date of order, where NowTV did everything automatically without contacting the previous ISP.

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User I’m with EE so I can’t comment on NowTV’s broadband service. However since almost all ISPs except Virgin use the same OpenReach backbone, they’re all much of a muchness as far as the broadband is concerned. Where they differ is in customer support and for any given ISP you’ll get as many rating CS good as you’ll get rating it bad. With probably as many not able to give a rating as they’ve never had cause to call customer service. I’ve only used EE’s once for a line fault (at the exchange)and that was dealt with quickly with a engineer coming to do an extra check at my house.

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Don’t contact BT. Let NowTV handle to changeover. BT will, of course, send you a final bill so don’t cancel any direct debit until they take any final payment or give you a refund if you are due one. So should keep your existing phone number but if you get the oppertunity, confirm it when placing your order.

The reason you shouldn’t contact your old isp (BT in this case) is that they are likely to cut you off early. Therefore no phone line or internet. And they might just re-allocate your phone number - which you obviously don’t want to happen. And that will lead to a delay getting a NowTV line.