cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Scammed by NOW TV

I'm currently being scammed by NOW TV.

I opened a  new account by using Quidco website. For some reason, the cashback didn't track. After discussing with the people at Quidco and someone at Now TV, the only solution was to place a new order at NowTV. I placed a new order and requested the cancelation of the first account. Despite that, they ignored my request and continued sending the pseudo-modem at my cost which will find its way to recycling center and then, the most probably to a 3rd World country (which is typical for the British garbage).

45 REPLIES 45
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Now assure us that despite this message, they are receiving and reading our emails.

So you may cross this issue off your agenda, and replace it with one about mailbox message incompetence, or whatever you want to call it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I made some statements and brought evidence. What do you want more ?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You described a situation entirely from your POV, and have said nothing that would exonerate Quidco as the root cause of this.

You haven’t demonstrated that the router you were sent was part of the first order, not the second, and on opening a Now Broadband account, you were always going to get sent a router anyway.

Have you been sent a second one? If not, I don’t know what you are whingeing about.

And if you don’t like the router that Now supply, why have you signed up with the people from whom that was all you were ever going to get in that area?

You’ve told us you aren’t British; I just wonder what Shangri-La you have come from where everything is perfect?

I shan’t suggest you go back there, as I know there are many reasons why people find themselves in a foreign field, and perhaps your move wasn’t entirely voluntary; but slagging off Britain, the British, and British things, isn’t the way to assimilate.

Assuming that you want to assimilate, that is, and not bash* heads with every one of our venerable institutions 😛

*It seems that what billy goats do, or the thing in the garden that stores rainwater, doesn’t pass the profanity filter 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"You described a situation entirely from your POV,"
Of course, I described it from my point of view and of course it was written with the frustration of not being able to stop a contract despite taking immediate actions.

"You haven’t demonstrated that the router you were sent was part of the first order, not the second, and on opening a Now Broadband account, you were always going to get sent a router anyway. Have you been sent a second one? If not, I don’t know what you are whingeing about. And if you don’t like the router that Now supply, why have you signed up with the people from whom that was all you were ever going to get in that area?"

The first router arrived, the second is on its way.

Have you heard about saving resources ? The World continues even after you kick the bucket. There is already way too much waste. It's time to be more responsible because the current recycling process is flawed and the third World countries are full of the garbage received from the Western countries (UK included).

"You’ve told us you aren’t British; I just wonder what Shangri-La you have come from where everything is perfect?" "...but slagging off Britain, the British, and British things, isn’t the way to assimilate."

The "British" thing came as response to someone's intimidation. While this is not the right topic to discuss this matter, I don't care neither about the British passport nor the citizenship (and it's not in a disrespectful way). I'm here to do a job for which I'm paid. Because I put my signature on it, this  job has to be done as best as I can. Sometimes I mess up and sometimes my customers mess up. Both times I try fixing those issues at my expense. Why ? because business in long run and because the customers are the one bringing food on the table. If you think otherwise, you must change your attitude.

My position is biased towards the customer, and I don't plan changing it. Based on my experience until now, I keep my statements that the British market needs reforms to better protect the customer and the citizens, in general.

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User Did you actually cancel your first order and receive confirmation that this had been done and then start afresh via Quidco? The sequence of events is not entirely clear to me. And honestly, there is no point in abuse and name-calling, as others have said there is no "scam" here, just something which needs to be resolved. A calm and considered approach is better than just lashing out at an imaginary conspiracy. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

To keep it simple: ignore Quidco, I didn't wait (and good that I didn't). Now the problem is "solved" and it seems that there were 3 technical issues: Qudico/NowTV and some suspicious Cloudflare warnings during that time, my complaint and the failure to address by NowTV, my two orders.

It's not about an "imaginary conspiracy" but to solve this issue I had to:

• - contact Qudico
  • - contact NowTV (this was a mistake because I belived that person)
  • - complaint from my account , then several days later (way too many) receiving a message from NowTV which was asking more details.
  • - reply to that complaint (failure to deliver because of NowTV)
  • - contact NowTV (but the call stopped  ...and I had to catch a plane, so I had to let it go)
  • - reply to that complaint (failure to deliver because of NowTV)
  • - contacting NowTV while in roaming for 1 hour and hopefully it will get sorted.
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous User 

Have you try calling us directly as it's a broadband issue? here's how to get in touch.

It might be easier if you're encountering issues with emailing us.

I'm sure our customer support team will help you resolve the problem. 

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Finally, it may have got sorted after speaking on the  phone for 1hour and 1 minute. I'll find it in 3-4 days.

The conclusion is: three different technical issues. Is it possible ? statistically speaking, yes, but who pays my wasted time now ?

If I can fix my mistakes at my expense, then E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E can do the same.

chilli2
Elite

If you do contact them via phone then you need to be polite and concise.

As before you have not been scammed, the cashback offers  are via a third party sign up and not Now or Sky - if the offers do not work then that is an issue between the person that signed up to them and the third party referer ( ie top cashback./quidco etc)

And while you do have the right to cancel upto 14 days , this can cause issues if you then try and re-contract straight after.

Now ( and any other company) also have the right to refuse you service

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did I say "the problem is solved"  ...either I was joking or I was having too much hope. Interestingly is that on the phone they were blaming Openreach.

"Arron here from Now Provisioning, I hope this finds you well.

Your order is complete on Openreach's systems but not ours. We are currently requesting assistance from our network services department to update the correct status of your order. We will contact you if we need to discuss any further action, but at this time we are just performing an administrative task on your account. The next update is on 13/07/2022.

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject line."