cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim17
Advocate

Moving house - when can I purchase new internet for that property?

I am moving house on 2nd July and as I work from home I'd like to ensure I have internet turned on the day we arrive or soon thereafter.

However, I am unsure of whether I will be able to do this if I purchase an offer in advance of my move in date.

Could you help reassure me about the best way to do this?

I have been a NOWTV customer in the past, but am currently with Vodafone at my current property (who have been awful btw) so would like to purchase a new offer I saw on ComparetheMarket for NowTV Super Fibre. (£20/month for a year).
This may in fact be straightforward but wonder if I'm trying to be "too clever" (ironically).

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Tim17 

If it's a straight forward switch on (ie there is an existing BT Openreach telephone line in the property), then it usually takes 14 days from date of order.

When you go through the order process online it will usually give you a date (if you are not happy with the date given i.e. It's say too early then don't proceed with the order and wait a couple of days longer working back 14 days from the 2nd of July to place the order online).

Should your planned move date be delayed for any reason try to inform the NOW Broadband Team at least the day before or earlier if possible.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Tim17 

If it's a straight forward switch on (ie there is an existing BT Openreach telephone line in the property), then it usually takes 14 days from date of order.

When you go through the order process online it will usually give you a date (if you are not happy with the date given i.e. It's say too early then don't proceed with the order and wait a couple of days longer working back 14 days from the 2nd of July to place the order online).

Should your planned move date be delayed for any reason try to inform the NOW Broadband Team at least the day before or earlier if possible.

Tim17
Advocate

Thanks for the advice, I'll try to do that and double check there is the infrastructure already there.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Tim17 

Should you have any problems getting the date you want by booking online and it doesn't need an Engineer Home visit appointment (which could take longer if it's not a straight forward job).

Then contact the NOW Broadband Team using any of the communication methods on the link i posted (ignore the complaint in the link heading, where it should get you through to the NOW Broadband Team).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Tim17 

I suppose you could also phone the NOW Broadband Team if you are not getting anywhere booking online with the actual date you want.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

Jayach
Elite 3

Not really an offer, as that is the current price. If you go via Quidco you could get up to £100 cash back.

Jayach_0-1655299285518.png

Also if your new property is in an FTTP area, Now will not be able to use it as they are FTTC only.

I'm also on Vodafone, and they haven't been too bad. Same complaints on their forum as here. My contract with Vodafone is up, and I was going to go to Now, but they have dropped the inclusive calls, so now I'm not sure.