cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im confused about the phone minutes..

I'm really interested in the Fibre Broadband but I'm very confused about 'free anytime calls' - I don't want it to interfere with my parents BT phone landline at all? What am I signing up to and will it affect the homes Landline?! I literally just want the Fibre, if i sign up for this will NOW TV take over my family homes BT landline bills/number?

"Fab Fibre" 

• 36Mbaverage* speed
  • Unlimiteddownloads
  • £5.00Setup costs
  • 12month contract
  • Anytime calls
  • £20.00 per month
  • £20.42 Avg. monthly cost
10 REPLIES 10
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

@gavs82008 

Thomas, if you have PlusNet broadband now, but your parents in the same property have a separate BT landline, then you already have a separate line in for yourself.

That being the case, you just have to ensure that Now take over the line you have PlusNet on, and not the other one.

But as @gavs82008 says, you need to doublecheck that all this is the case before changing anything.

Another thing is, though, that generally, competing ISPs can only offer you the same speeds as each other, at best, except that sometimes BT can offer something faster. PlusNet are owned  by BT, but I don’t know if this means they can offer BT speeds or not.

And not every speed that Now Broadband can offer is necessarily available to every subscriber; it depends on what equipment Sky/Now have in your local exchange, Have you used Now’s availability checker for your address/phone number?

So if you want something faster, it may be well worth asking PlusNet what they can do for you, alongside asking Now Broadband.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.