cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I choose to have no television but have Broadband and phone bundle

Hello, NowTV has offered an affordable Fab Fibre Broadband and Anytime UKUK Phone bundle I ordered last night.  My home has no television, no TV licence to pay, no watching live or catch up BBC TV and only occasionally I watch an acceptable DVD or YouTube stuff.  My query is that NowTV website has no specific mention of "if you have no TV".... etc  you can still get our broadband and phone bundles and so is my order valid or is it a scam?   

And how do they tell me if my phone line is ok? 

I am leaving T...T... After 18 months of adequate, but patchy speed, standard broadband and they aren't bothered to offer me better.  

Probably more a ramble than specific query. NowTV is so new and everything is run like GiffGaff I am seeking reassurance that all I've done is valid. on I am far older than most of you on this forum, I presume, and this is new to me, to not phone someone.  😊😊.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

My Dad and Sister both switched from TalkTalk to NowTV Broadband / Fibre & Anytime Telephone and Don't use the NowTV TV side of their Service, so there is no worry there.

When you sign up to NowTV Fab Fibre & Telephone they will give you an indication of your minimum & average download Internet speeds.

On the day of Activation, just plug in your new Hub Router and wait until the three green lights are showing on the  front of the router.

Just be aware that the internet could go live anytime up until midnight on the day of activation.

Once you have ordered the NowTV Fab Fibre & Telephone package, you can see the order progress by going to My Account > Orders & Appointments on here, where you will also find a telephone helpline number if you ever need to phone the NowTV Broadband Team.

Both my Dad's and Sisters switch over from TalkTalk to NowTV was pretty simple and straight forward.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

My Dad and Sister both switched from TalkTalk to NowTV Broadband / Fibre & Anytime Telephone and Don't use the NowTV TV side of their Service, so there is no worry there.

When you sign up to NowTV Fab Fibre & Telephone they will give you an indication of your minimum & average download Internet speeds.

On the day of Activation, just plug in your new Hub Router and wait until the three green lights are showing on the  front of the router.

Just be aware that the internet could go live anytime up until midnight on the day of activation.

Once you have ordered the NowTV Fab Fibre & Telephone package, you can see the order progress by going to My Account > Orders & Appointments on here, where you will also find a telephone helpline number if you ever need to phone the NowTV Broadband Team.

Both my Dad's and Sisters switch over from TalkTalk to NowTV was pretty simple and straight forward.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice.  Yes it's all ok and the query alerted NOWTV to say so on their website. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for replies.