cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnsanderson

How do I find a "no contract" plan on the Now broadband web site?

All comparison engines and Now broadband themselves state that Now broadband offer a "no contract" plan.  But the Now broadband web site only displays plans with a 12 month contract.  So either Now broadband actually don't offer a "no contract" plan or there's some way of finding the "no contract" plan on their web site.  Can anyone advise?

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

@johnsanderson 

https://www.nowtv.com/broadband?DCMP=knc-brand-google:nc_broadband&ds_ag=Now+-+Broadband+-+NOW+Wi+Fi...

mentions the No Contract option; it’s just choosing one of the three options given, but paying an extra £60 up front to be able to leave at any time, penalty-free.

But you pretty much have to call Now Broadband to set up broadband with them, even on the contract basis, though from the link I give you can walk through the process, with the contract/no contract choice included. This also saves you the router delivery charge, I believe, at least for contract purchasers.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

I didn't have any problem finding it via the website. 

Jayach_0-1702916535322.png

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach 

That experience is very different from mine; in Safari on this iPad I can find no such page, even if I flip the iPad into landscape 😢

Pray, what device are you using to get that screenshot, and what is the URL and/or journey path for it?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

Well, I go to Now broadband: https://www.nowtv.com/broadband

Select Discover our plans: https://www.nowtv.com/broadband#ib-section-section-3

Chose what Membership plan I might want, select Check coverage:  Broadband Checker (nowtv.com)

Enter my details (I'm in an FTTC only area) and up pops the page I posted earlier, although the basket doesn't always have the "no contract" option selected, but it's easy to change it. 

Jayach_0-1702941846457.png

I suspect maybe the OP is simply not in an area where Now can provide broadband. (as I believe you are)

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach 

Thanks, found it now.

I’m always chary of venturing so far down the path of ordering things solely in the spirit of investigation, ever since I accidentally duplicated my purchase of a software product trying to prove they were handling VAT wrongly 😢

But yes, no chance of using my current FTTP-only address here. So I do hope Now aren’t slavering at the prospect of signing up the innocent current owner of a property I haven’t lived in since 2015, the only postcode I know that Now might be able to service 😛

But it’s certainly true that it’s very hard to explore the No Contract option unless you actually start committing.

Heres something interesting. Look up ‘No Contract Now’ on Google and get:-

IMG_1253.jpeg

Then follow the link and get nothing about No Contract. Or indeed, about competing providers 😢