cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fibre broadband query

I am an existing Now non Fibre customer upgrading to new Fibre broadband contract at the end of Jan.

I have been told an engineer has been booked to install my new phone line. I currently have a working phone line with NOW, why is an engineer required to install a new phone line, i did challenge this on the call but was told the engineer will attend and explain.

Anyone any ideas on why this is required.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My Dad switched to NowTV Fab Fibre and was previously with TalkTalk on the standard Broadband service with an active telephone line.

A BT Openreach Engineer needed access to my Dad's house to change the BT Master phone socket for the service to work on NowTV Fab Fibre.

When the BT Openreach Engineer tried the switch over to Fab Fibre at the local street cabinet first it wouldn't work until he swapped out the BT Master socket in my Dad's home.

Without knowing all the facts it's difficult to say and suppose you got to rely on the advice given and hope it's not a waste of your valuable time or taking unnecessary time off work waiting around for an BT Openreach Engineer that may or may not be necessary in your particular case.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My Dad switched to NowTV Fab Fibre and was previously with TalkTalk on the standard Broadband service with an active telephone line.

A BT Openreach Engineer needed access to my Dad's house to change the BT Master phone socket for the service to work on NowTV Fab Fibre.

When the BT Openreach Engineer tried the switch over to Fab Fibre at the local street cabinet first it wouldn't work until he swapped out the BT Master socket in my Dad's home.

Without knowing all the facts it's difficult to say and suppose you got to rely on the advice given and hope it's not a waste of your valuable time or taking unnecessary time off work waiting around for an BT Openreach Engineer that may or may not be necessary in your particular case.

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps  @Anonymous User 

Hey Guys

You know, I've been with quite a few ISPs and every time I've changed from one to the other my broadband and phone have always stayed together, i.e. whenever I've moved from ISP A to ISP B my "broadband and phone" has always moved as a one package deal.

To be honest, I've never really thought about it until today, but now that I do I realise it's normal for "broadband and phone" to be supplied by only one provider.

UK Bob

UK Bob