cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Different prices

Hi all,

I'm looking to get one of the broadband packages, however, when I choose the one that says £22 per month under the order summary it says my monthly cost would be £35 per month in the order breakdown.

Anyone can help me understanding this difference?

20 REPLIES 20
Jayach
Elite 3

The cheaper options are called social tariffs, and Now doesn't seem to offer them, but they are not much cheaper than Now's standard prices. 

Cheaper broadband and phone packages - Ofcom

Edit, although as @schnapps says the "basic" scheme seems the same, just not mentioned on the Ofcom site. What is NOW Broadband Basics? (nowtv.com)

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Jayach 

This Ofcom link page shows NOW on the list.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/social-... 

Edit - ignore the above, where I missed NOW on the Ofcom list you posted, where I was trying to keep an eye on the forum and watch the football at the same time.

Jayach
Elite 3

Actually I missed Now on the list I posted, and I have no interest in football at all.

RoyB
Legend

Is this what the screen people get when they are choosing Now Broadband is supposed to look like?

BC60FC95-9AC1-4EDF-877C-5EF95B1DFEE0.png
This looks much more coherent, and the only thing I can see wrong is what the Trades Descriptions people might make of ‘powerful’ 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

@RoyB wrote:

Is this what the screen people get when they are choosing Now Broadband is supposed to look like?

BC60FC95-9AC1-4EDF-877C-5EF95B1DFEE0.png
This looks much more coherent, 

If you are doing it on a phone, yes, but it doesn't look any more coherent to me, just different.

And the Price in the basket is still wrong.

Jayach_0-1661257775196.png

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach @Simon-J 

Oo-er, so it is. I missed that 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RoyB @Anonymous User @Jayach @schnapps 

Hey all,

This is being investigated now - to help can you let us know the following:

• how you got onto the journey (any particular link, 3rd party site etc?)
  • the browser your using
  • the device your using

Thanks

Simon

RoyB
Legend

@Simon-J 

Starting here, on my 2016 iPad Pro, iPadOS 15.5 using Safari, went Menu, About Us, Broadband, Discover Our Plans, chose the fastest tariff Super Fibre, Check Coverage, used a postcode I had 3 houses ago, the last one that Sky/Now ever served, (available to you by PM on request if germane), chose house number 10, said I had just moved there and there was no existing service, and there would only be the one phone line and bill payer..

Got the screen shown above with £35 on it.

Seems to be repeatable on request.

Jayach
Elite 3

@Simon-J 

Windows 10 PC, using Edge. Go to NOW Broadband Membership - Unlimited Home Broadband Provider (nowtv.com).

Put in my postcode and telephone number. (often get a whoops that didn't go to plan) press button again and am taken to the configurator, where the prices shown are correct, but the price in the basket is wrong.

The strange thing is that different amounts are added depending on which broadband option is chosen.

Jayach_0-1661435812225.pngJayach_1-1661435848998.pngJayach_2-1661435892903.png

RoyB
Legend

EBAAE22B-5C74-47DA-ABA8-655A3E446A3B.png

I left the phone number blank on the screen leading to the above…