cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black Friday offer email

Anyone else receive an email from NOW TV about their 50% off Black Friday for Cinema + Entertainment deals for 12 months worth of passes to each? It looks like a really good deal, and I was was very interested in forking over the £99 today to secure it.

Click the link in the email ... oh dear. Apparently I'm "not eligible" for the offer.

Poor form, NOW TV - you really shouldn't be emailing your customers about offers they are excluded from.

6 REPLIES 6
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

There's a few things that prevent you from taking up the Black Friday offer for existing customers eg broadband/Combo user, billed via Vodafone or Apple or you have current offers with longer than 30 days left to run. If you think none of those apply to you then you should be able to take up the offer, try clicking direct from

http://www.nowtv.com/home/existing

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy Actually, I think I figured it out. The email was targeted to an old, dormant account that I don't use, but the email came in to my normal inbox. From memory, though, that dormant account should have marketing emails set to opt out, and I've not received any emails for that account in a *long* time prior to this one. If I can remember the login details for the dormant account, I'll double check the opt in/out status on that account.

This account is definitely not eligible (I'm still in the discount period from signing up to the combo package).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was hoping to buy the 2 month black Friday deal, to cover the pre-post Christmas period, but it seems that the offer is only open to existing customers.

It doesen't really seem fair on a 'non contract' product, I can't really see how after a voucher has lapsed you are an existing customer?

Please tell me if this can be worked around.

Thanks

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. The 2 month deals are for new customers only. The deal for existing customers is 12 months cinema and entertainment for £99 which you can find here

Or or as an alternative you could consider buying a gift card for NOW TV from Game (online and emailed immediately or in-store), PayPal Digital Gifts, Argos, Amazon, Currys, PC World and a few other places. Prices are

Entertainment - 3 months - £15
Entertainment - 5 months - £25
Movies - 2 months - £15
Movies - 3 months - £25
Sky Sports Week Pass - £10

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black Friday offers don't seem to apply to existing (loyal) customers it seems! Unless youa re prepared to be upsold and buy a bigger package!

New customers get 50% off Cinema or 50% of Entertainment. 

Current customers get... well, nothing, but the same full price. No loyalty. Just other black friday offers, (like Amazon Fire Sticks at £25, Amazon Prime at £70 per year and Netflix at £7pm - makes me wonder!).

Come on NowTV - think about us long term loyal custmers too!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

For any existing customers who are interested, or who missed the offer during Black Friday, NOW TV have the £99 for 12 months of entertainment and cinema offer back on. 

To take advantage you need to be an existing customer and if you currently have a multi-month offer on either entertainment or movies (or both), this offer(s) needs to end within the next 30 days. Promotion finishes end of day 31st December 2017.

Full terms are

Winter offer: Offer available to existing NOW TV customers (customers must currently be paying full price or have less than 30 days to run on their existing offer). 18+. UK only. Offer not available to existing customers currently billed by a third parties such as Vodafone or Apple. At the end of the pre-paid period month passes automatically renew at standard price unless cancelled (Entertainment Month Pass currently at £7.99 a month and Sky Cinema Month Pass currently at £9.99 a month). Offer ends 31 Dec 2017 at 23:59. Savings claims based on the standard price paid by existing customers (standard monthly price Entertainment Pass currently at £7.99 a month and Sky Cinema Pass currently at £9.99 a month). NOW TV account set up with debit/credit card required. NOW TV terms apply (nowtv.com/terms). Content streamed via broadband/3G (costs may apply) to compatible device.