cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why aren't there any deals for existing customers

Now tv seem to offer lots of attractive offers for new customers but what about the existing ones? why are we paying higher prices if the passes are non contract based. It doesnt make sense, if I cancel a pass, I should be able to take on a new offer/ deal, it shouldnt matter if i am signed up, the whole idea is i switch and swap as and when i feel like.. 

feeling shortchanged by nowtv,

-an unloved existing customer. 

43 REPLIES 43
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum.

Whilst I can't do anything about NOW TV's new customer offers, it's worth when you go to cancel a pass and are asked why you are leaving choosing the option for it costs too much, more often than not you are offered a deal which you might be tempted by.

You might also be interested to know you can buy vouchers for NOW TV from Game (online and emailed immediately or in-store), Argos, Currys and PC World which can be used by existing customers. Prices are

Entertainment - 3 months - £15
Entertainment - 5 months - £25
Movies - 2 months - £15
Movies - 3 months - £25
Sky Sports Week Pass - £10

Some people also like to buy the NOW TV boxes with bundles of entertainment or movies vouchers when they come on offer in places like Currys, Argos and Amazon and again the vouchers in those can be used by existing customers. Before Xmas they were down to around £19 with 6 months Ent or 4 months movies and the vouchers are valid for 12 months.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

Whilst I can't do anything about NOW TV's new customer offers, it's worth when you go to cancel a pass and are asked why you are leaving choosing the option for it costs too much, more often than not you are offered a deal which you might be tempted by.

So true.  I don't think you even have to say it costs too much. any reason will do. I tend to do this up to 4 weeks prior to the pass expiring.  You can always decide to not cancel on the last screen if you don't get an offer you can't refuse.

The offers to existing customers who cancel are better than many of the new customers offer and the discounted vouchers.    Returning customers are the ones who don't directly get good deals, though always worth checking your email as the marketinmg team do try to snare returners.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I just went through the cancellation process and they offered me £3.50 a month for the next 4 months for the entertainment package. I’d previously been paying full price for ages and so I accepted the offer.

Do you know if I could do it again when the price goes back up ?

Phil

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

When the time comes there'll be no harm in trying. You never know what offer you MIGHT get Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The 2 month movie pass is better value for money as,

2 months is £15 making it £7.50 a month, whereas the

3 months is £25 making it £8.33 a month.

So always do the 2 months.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

It doesnt make sense, if I cancel a pass, I should be able to take on a new offer/ deal...

Other people have tried this and have got caught out as there are security measures in place to prevent this kind of activity...

@Anonymous User wrote:

Now tv seem to offer lots of attractive offers for new customers but what about the existing ones? why are we paying higher prices if the passes are non contract based.

Retailers such as Currys, Argos and Amazon often offer NOW TV boxes bundled together with multiple month Movie or Entertainment voucher code passes at way below the cost of a standard monthly subscription. 

Links to these offers are regularly posted on the forum... So keep a look-out 😉

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I notice that your question did not get answered. i just tried to sign up for a deal only to find it was for new customers only.

They do not care in the least about their customers as they know people will still use their products. remember that now and sky are one in the same. it is a win win for them no matter what you do and that is why they dont care

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

This is one of my biggest bug bears in life, that virtually all businesses didn't reward or try enough to look after loyal long term customers it's just not only Sky all the main players are doing it.

All they care about is the number of new subscribers that they have increased to make their quarterly projections / statements look good for their shareholders.

IMO these corporations should be prioritizing and looking after their existing long term customers first, and the only way existing customers can sometimes get a better short term deal is to threaten to leave by dealing with their Retention Dept.

A loyalty scheme would be much welcome.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

... virtually all businesses didn't reward or try enough to look after loyal long term customers it's just not only Sky all the main players are doing it.

I don't find this to be the case.  

When my contract comes up with Virgin, I call them and in addition to a loyalty discount they give me half price movies/sports for 6 months and a large discount on the XL TV for 6 months as well  (they generally call withing days).  Obviously these are incentives to keep me with them which have worked for nearly 15 years.

With Sky, I used to do much the same calling to cancel sports for the summer, only to be given three months free to ensure I was still with them for the start of the footbal season.  For most of the ten years I had sky I did that.

And with Now, I just continually go through the cancellation process until I get the offer.  Knowing I can always apply a voucher.

And as for mobile phones, a few years ago I almost had Three paying me to stay!  I suspect the monthly roaming charges I used to incur made giving me a free phone and a free monthly tariff worthwhile.

Businesses are generally quite happy to vie for your custom especially if you are a long term customer with a large ARPU  but they are also happy to let you carry on with a deal if you don't contact them.