cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

what is a new customer?

What is the definition of a 'new customer' ?

My 12 month contract is soon coming to an end, so would be good to know what is Now TVs definition. 

Kind regards

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My definition of a new customer is somebody new to the service or creates a new account.

Any reason you are asking ?

Are you looking at a new customer introductory offers or thinking about renewing a 12 month Broadband contract agreement or something else ?

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @schnapps 

Hey G

I'm not a Now TV broadband customer but I've heard that lots of them have been able to negotiate a one off (???) retention discount for their second year of service.

If your new customer discount (12 months) is about to end then it won't hurt to try for another 12 month discount. Simply put, if you don't ask then you won't get because you don't want.

Money With Wings.png

UK Bob 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My current 12 months contract is coming to an end and seen a couple of offers for 'new customers' that I would be interested in, however I can't see any offers for existing/current customers ?   Is phoning Now TV to negotiate a new contract my only option?

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @schnapps 

Well G

First, you must understand that "deals" for existing customers are never on offer and, as a savvy consumer, you have to actively seek out discounts.

Second, new customer deals are always on offer, to attract new customers, while existing customers are seen as a "caught" resource.

However, right now you are in a good position to show you are not "caught" by seeking out that seldom publicised "retention deal".

For example, I recently obtained a retention deal for my annual multi-device Internet Security subscription, if I did nothing they would charge me £75.00 but I intervened and said it was too much and got the price down to £37.50.

And just like you've seen, my Internet Security provider does not advertise or make public that to retain existing customers they are prepared to do a deal. 

So, like I said before, if you don't ask you won't get.

Good luck.

UK Bob