cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

voucher and subsequent charges

I applied a one month sky sports voucher on September 1st 2019.If I do not cancel will I automatically be charged for the subscription on October 1st.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well Bob

Yes, unless you cancel your Sports Pass, say around 20th September to be safe, you will be charged an ongoing monthly, full priced, subscription fee. 

Now, whenever most knowledgeable  members want to use one of the four types of Now TV programmes for a short time we tend to buy and apply the pass and then cancel it two thirds of the way through.  That way you will get a full month viewing, plus give Now TV enough time to apply their cancellation procedures, and you, the customer, not get charged the ongoing subscription fee. 

Simply put, if you leave your cancellation until it's too late, e.g. within 1 to 3 days of your full price subscription starting, then Now TV will take your money.  

Another thing you should know, cancelling a Now TV pass goes through three to four levels, i.e. their system ask you if you are sure you want to cancel three or four times, and if you do not answer all these questions your pass will not be cancelled and your monthly subscription will begin.

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well Bob

Yes, unless you cancel your Sports Pass, say around 20th September to be safe, you will be charged an ongoing monthly, full priced, subscription fee. 

Now, whenever most knowledgeable  members want to use one of the four types of Now TV programmes for a short time we tend to buy and apply the pass and then cancel it two thirds of the way through.  That way you will get a full month viewing, plus give Now TV enough time to apply their cancellation procedures, and you, the customer, not get charged the ongoing subscription fee. 

Simply put, if you leave your cancellation until it's too late, e.g. within 1 to 3 days of your full price subscription starting, then Now TV will take your money.  

Another thing you should know, cancelling a Now TV pass goes through three to four levels, i.e. their system ask you if you are sure you want to cancel three or four times, and if you do not answer all these questions your pass will not be cancelled and your monthly subscription will begin.

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

With a NowTV month Sports Pass you will need to cancel before your next renewal date of the 1st of October 2019 to avoid the pass continuing at full price.

It's only a day sports or one week sports pass that doesn't need to cancel because these two types of NowTV sports passes don't auto renew themselves.

When you cancel make sure you follow all the step by step instructions on screen (approx 4 steps) until you see the green thumbs up cancelled confirmation message on screen.

Then jump back to My Account > Passes & Vouchers whilst logged in on here to see if there is a cancelled message in red text next to your month sports pass.

You should also receive an email confirmation from nowtv that you have successfully cancelled a pass on your account.

If it was me i would cancel a couple of days before the 1st of October, where you will still get the full duration of the one month sports pass voucher on your account.