cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slswan
Scholar

sky cinema free trial cannot find option to cancel

please if anyone can help? I started a free sky cinema pass and on the last 2 days before it expired I wanted to cancel it, but when I tried there is literally nowhere for me to do this. i have gone through everything on NOW TV help pages etc and it says to click on the pass to cancel the sky cinema pass , but it does not show the sky cinema pass as an option for cancelling, instead it is showing the pass to trial and to then pay £11.99, so it is as if I have not got the pass I have been watching on the free cinema trial. i have been messaging the NOW TV customer service who have not cancelled it for me, instead tell me to click the link etc which I have already found I cannot do. now it has lapsed for me to cancel, and now told i have to pay £11.99 at the end of the month because the trial has passed and I am still with the free pass so it now is payable. I tried ringing NOW TV helpline, but  the message says this number is not available, and now after complaining via email about the service I am receiving and cannot cancel my free sky cinema pass in any way, they have stopped replying and I am left in limbo, having to pay for a sky cinema pass i do not want. on my computer it shows i have no sky pass, on tv it shows that i do, but to cancel it it says i have to go online, so as said, i have done this, but does not show i have a sky cinema pass in use, instead it shows to join sky cinema subscription and price. how do i resolve this please!! there should be better communication from NOW TV . i am very annoyed this has got to this that i am now having to pay for a sky cinema pass that i only wanted to have the trial of for 7 days, not beyond that time and unable to cancel it 

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@slswan 

Firstly, the contact number is ONLY for broadband and phone. All TV queries must be put through the chat if you want to talk to someone. 

Under the 'My Passes section there is a statement on how to cancel a pass.

How do I cancel a Pass?

Cancelling a Pass is easy – just click Cancel Pass next to the pass you don't want any more. You'll be able to keep watching until your next payment is due.

We'll be sorry to see you go. But if you change your mind you can get another Pass again any time.

This is a customer forum, only occasionally will the Now TV staff monitor and post comments. I would recommend using the Live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

1. NOW TV account & payments

2. Cancelling or renewing NOW TV Passes

3. Drop down 'How to get in touch'

4. Live Chat

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

thank you for your help i have tried that link no joy at all.  the only live chat is the robochat which keeps takin me to the same link that is not an option to cancel 😞

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

It sounds like you haven’t read @gavs82008 post at the top of this thread, which tells you that you Cancel (when you can) entirely from within My Account, and don’t go on the website to do this.

It also tells you how to dodge the Nowbot and get on to the real Live Chat.

I wish there was a way to make helpful postings flash or something, so people notice them... 😥

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also been trying to cancel and it is showing that money is pending to go out and it is not giving an option to cancel.  I think this is very poor service and very unfair given that  NOW TV advertised this as being a FREE trial giving their clients an option to cancel at free will.  I cannot even find a contact number and the robot chat does not help either.  I am surprised none of the sky team ae reading this and responding.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You can cancel at any time during the 7 days, until the payment cycle starts, which for technical reasons it can do on the 7th day, catching people out.

Perhaps NowTV should not start the payment cycle at all until the 7 days have truly fully elapsed?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

thank you for your response, i agree with your suggestion.  i have tried logging on to the passes page but there is no option to cancel because it is waiting to take payment.  Not sure if the bank holiday may have affected this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have the same issue how did u resolve it please?