cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

more passes to get stuff like freeview or freesat would be nice

hello it would be great if now tv could add a freesat passes or freeview cause i cant get theses

channels in my bedroom indoor aerials dont work very good.does anyone know if there plans to add a few more channels to entertainment pass ,such as animal planet,lifetime

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Perhaps have a look at the TV Player App which is available on the full blown Roku Players, Fire TV, Google Chromecast etc but not available via the NowTV branded devices.

They cover some of the Freeview Channels via streaming on the internet, but all the decent channels are on their premium service.

More info here about the TV Player service.

https://tvplayer.com

Anonymous User
Not applicable

tv player is ok i found i used now transponder tv or tv mucho,

thou i prefer the streaming of nowtv which are very reliable.

transponder is quite cheap too 6.50p a month which is good value.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just throwing NowTV Player out there has an option, but it looks like you have already tried it.

I am lucky, where i get excellent Freeview Coverage in my area from both my Rooftop aerial and portable aerial in the spare bedroom 😀.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

you know when you stream live tv on now such as ukgold,

how live is it , are everyone see it at the exact sec or is different here and there

is the broadcast such as gold the same as skytv to the sec

or there s a diffence of seconds .

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

There is a time delay between a live stream over the internet compared to over the air Freeview or a live Satellite broadcast, where i would say it is a minute or so loading onto the servers, through the exchanges and then down the miles of pipe until it reaches us in the end (never timed it though).

Its not only NowTV that is effected with their live sports streams for example, where i also noticed the difference between BBC iPlayer during the World Cup and Amazon Prime with the Eastbourne Tennis which was also on Freeview, where there was a noticeable delay of around a minute compared to the live BBC over the air Freeview showing.

I doubt very much that a live internet feed, will arrive exactly the same time has a live Freeview or Satellite broadcast where there are more obstacles to over come (though i am no telecommunication engineer).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do people actually pay to get access to FREE channels? Wow!!!

NowTV can't just add Freesat or Freeview passes. These channels are free so Sky can't charge for them.

As for new channels, who knows, but personally I'd doubt NowTV will get any more channels than what it currently holds. For more channels, such as Animal Planet & Lifetime, you'll require satellite reception and a sub to Sky TV.