cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starman73
Elite

lost a day on entertainment pass

Started my membership with 2 month offer today on 31 March and it ends on 30 May - Why doesn't it end on 31 May?

Recent payments

Entertainment Membership
Paid on 31 Mar 2022

Entertainment Membership

Your offer ends on 30 May 2022. Then it will be £9.99 per month.
You're getting over 300 Box Sets plus the latest must-see TV shows on channels you won't find on Freeview.
39 REPLIES 39
redchiz1
Champion 2

That is an opinion, not an answer. The important thing is when does a monthly payment period end. 

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

@redchiz1   There are a few threads that state this and I have established this fact on chat and experienced it myself with sports and cinema memberships ending at exactly the same time they started.  

redchiz1
Champion 2

@SweetBlitz Cool, but that's not what this topic is about. 

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

Try making your argument with a one-day Sports pass.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

What argument - how long is a month? Or is that just a bit of baiting to drag this further off topic? 

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 @starman73 @SweetBlitz 

No baiting.

The one-day Sports pass is a degenerate (in the strictly mathematical sense of the word) case of pass timing.

The way you are looking at @starman73 ‘s beef would, if applied to a Day pass, imply that it would end at midnight, no matter how late in the day you took it out.

This would clearly be inequitable, and indeed, the pass is good for 24 hours from the moment you activate it.

Hence @starman73 ‘s contention that however late in the day he activated his pass on the 31st of March, it should last until that same time on the 31st of May.

And Now should perhaps be looking for a fencepost error in their code,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB  If I start a monthly pass on, say, 15th of the month and I don't cancel it I expect to be charged again on the following 15th. So the expiry date and/or last date to cancel will be 14th. How long it continues into the 15th after I cancel may well depend on the time of day I ordered it. Makes sense now? 

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

I haven’t had a Cinema pass for a while, but we wanted to watch The Many Saints of Newark last night, so I signed up again.

I was offered a week’s trial, which was nice; I thought you couldn’t get that if you had previously subscribed, but maybe you can if you’ve never had a trial? Which I haven’t, as I pitched straight in originally.

Anyway, I came to cancel the trial today, and to my surprise, got a retention offer. I thought it would be at least one full-price month before you could get that, but it seems not. Which, again, is nice.

So I took the retention offer, and the timeline is:-

Started Trial, 19:00 2nd April 

Offer starts on 9th April

Offer ends on 9th October.

I’ve no idea if the 19:00 is preserved on those dates or not, or what Now’s thinking is here.

But @starman73 was expecting 31st May, not 30th May, and the above seems to be in line with his expectation, and not with the end date he has been given.

redchiz1
Champion 2

OK, do let us know what happens in October, can't wait!  🙂

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

Funny, but there’s no need to wait till then 😛