cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starman73
Elite

lost a day on entertainment pass

Started my membership with 2 month offer today on 31 March and it ends on 30 May - Why doesn't it end on 31 May?

Recent payments

Entertainment Membership
Paid on 31 Mar 2022

Entertainment Membership

Your offer ends on 30 May 2022. Then it will be £9.99 per month.
You're getting over 300 Box Sets plus the latest must-see TV shows on channels you won't find on Freeview.
39 REPLIES 39
redchiz1
Champion 2

And no. But I know how long a month is.  😁

starman73
Elite

@redchiz1 you were a bit confused about how long 2 or 3 months were before you edited your post 😄

redchiz1
Champion 2

@starman73 wrote:

@redchiz1 you were a bit confused about how long 2 or 3 months were before you edited your post 😄

And I was, I misread, I did and I apologise!  🙂

starman73
Elite

No. If I start on 22 Dec at 7pm it ends on 22 Feb at 7pm.  I have had now TV for a very long time and this is how it works.  What I am pointing out is that if I start on 31 Mar, why doesn't a 2 month offer end on 31 may?

redchiz1
Champion 2

Ooh, now you're bringing hours into it? Sorry if you start on 22 a month later is 21. If you can find any organisation, or calendar, that works otherwise, please let me know. Try convincing HMRC that the soon-to-end tax year started on 6 April 2021 and ends on 6 April 2022. 😉

starman73
Elite

@redchiz1  but for now TV memberships hours do matter.  If I start a sports pass at 7pm, it ends on the same day 2 months later at 7pm.  There are numerous posts on this. What  HMRC do is irrelevant. That is a straw man argument.

redchiz1
Champion 2

So two months later is still the same! Hey we will just have to agree to disagree, fun though this has been. And never dismiss HMRC too lightly .... 😮

Loving the way edit works here btw as you called me out before, that latest slightly snide addition to your last post after I had responded.  😕

starman73
Elite

Why do people always write "agree to disagree" when they are wrong?

If you get a Now membership on 22 of the month at 7pm it ends at 22 of the subsequent month at 7pm (ignoring spring forward, fall back) . That is a fact. So why does it differ on 31st of the month? Because 30 days hath September, April, June and November?  (Let's not worry about February)

redchiz1
Champion 2

But I'm not wrong. And I was just trying to be nice. Your membership may well continue into the 22 May, but you will have to cancel before the end of the elapsed month if NOW are not to charge you further. They don't do it by the hour, you know? 

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Memberships are done to the hour. If you start at 8pm it ends at 8pm.  This is true for day and month passes.  There are a lot of threads on this.  Here’s one I answered recently https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Offers-Vouchers/Cancellation-Time/m-p/576025