cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

free trial

I am brand new. I clicked a weeks free trial but now, on the TV screen it is asking me to enter something - maybe a number but I don't know what number to enter. No number appeared when I selected the pass. Where do I find something to enter please?

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You haven't just purchased and setup a new NowTV Stick or Box by any chance or factory reset a NowTV Stick or Box and on your television screen it's showing a code to type in on NowTV website ?

Or have you a Cinema Pass free trial and you are trying to watch a live movie from the now & next TV Guide and its asking you for a four digit parental pin ?

Or is it something else where you need to expand on the information you have given.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, it is a new stick and I've gone through most of the stages. On the TV screen it says just 1 more thing and there is a white box where I assume I need a number. In the blurb it implies that number should appear when I choose a pass but it hasn't appeared anywhere that I can see.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you getting stuck when you enter the six digit activation code seen on your television screen when going to the nowtv website page ?

Or when you enter the code seen on your television screen, an error message pops up on the nowtv website ?

Or the stick is fully activated and working and you can't find the voucher (if applicable) that came with the stick ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Actually, by ignoring it ( & letting it have a think about what it was doing) it seems to have set itself up. Can I now unplug it from the mains? Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When using the NowTV Stick it needs permanent power either from the mains adapter plug that came with the Stick or using a 5V DC 1A rated USB port from your television set (if your TV has a 1A rated USB port on it).

With my Roku Stick i use the 1A USB port on my television, rather than the supplied power plug adapter that came in the box.

On my Panasonic TV, once i put the television into standby mode it also drops the power on the USB port which switches the power off onto the Stick.

You could try the USB method with your television and Stick if you wish and if all the USB ports brings up a on screen message "low power" when using the stick then revert back to the supplied mains plug adapter.

There is no harm when not using the stick to unplug the adapter from the electrical mains socket if you wish.