cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m1n4m3
Advocate

existing customers vs new customers offers

I am on a rolling contract with all inclusive anytime calls and international calls for 2p a minute. From 1/5/22 the call charge for international calls is increasing to 19p a minute for me. However, new customers are offered the international calls to the country I regularly call for 2p a minute. Why can't Now TV offer the same option for loyal existing customers and risk alienating them. After all, Sky, BT, EE and TalkTalk have offered this option since 2020! Does anyone know I can get the same offer? Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

The best thing to do is give notice you are leaving and Now will inevitably make an offer you can’t refuse.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Is that not simply because they are still using the pre-rise prices in marketing, hopefully appropriately asterisked?

Otherwise, you will need to contact them directly to discuss your options, details here

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @m1n4m3 

The 2p international calls rate is going up for both existing and new customers on the 1st of May.

See this screen shot taken from the NOW website when joining NOW Broadband & Calls.

Screenshot_2022-04-26-14-24-20.png

redchiz1
Champion 2

Nice one @schnapps for delving deeper into what I suspected, I couldn't find that information.  

redchiz1
Champion 2

Which is of course another story about the ease, or otherwise of finding the information you want on this, or any other service website ....

RoyB
Legend

@m1n4m3 

It is now illegal to make better offers to new customers than to existing ones.

The entirely predictable result of this, of course, is that new customer incentives have been removed, rather than companies having to offer them to people already on the hook.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.