cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

activation

When I've added a sky sports pass/voucher in the past it would only start my 30 days once I started to watch.

But now after entering the voucher I get the screen with details of the offer of when it starts and ends, so today for example I add a voucher code and the next screen now seems to show the start as today aswell with the "start order" button.  

This also contradicts the back of the card's T&C where it says voucher must be redeemed in 1 year of purchase  and activated within 1 year of being added to account.

So according to the t&c I should be able to add it without starting the 30 days, but the website would suggest otherwise when entering the code.

So have things changed? Starts today? Only starts when watching?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know @Anonymous User.

So looking at the screenshots and just having some discussions with the team around me, it looks as though this is an old batch of vouchers that may be stocked in this retail store. 

We're picking this up with the team here to make sure that these terms and conditions have been updated to reflect the new process. 

Thanks again, 

Karl

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The FAQ says.....

"If you have one of our Month Passes, it'll start right away. But if you've got a Sky Sports Day or Week Pass you can choose to start it any time that suits you, within a year of purchase. When you’re ready to start your 24 hours or 7 days of sport, just start watching and your Pass will activate automatically." 

That's all well and good and seems to make it clear but it still totally contradicts what's written on the back of the card.  I've had nothing but issues every time I try to add a card to nowtv, be it codes that don't, being told whsmith aren't an official supplier when clearly they are, and now the t&c differs on the sports 30 days pass from what the website says in terms of being able to add a 30 day sports pass, t&c voucher says you have 1 year to use when added to your account, website says 30 day passes start immediatly.  And live chat couldn't answer my simple question either.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My understanding it's only the day or week sports pass only starts when you start watching something on the sports channels and you have one year to activate it.

The one month sports pass starts straight away or once any existing offer is on the last day once you have bought it or if you have a voucher code or gift card the one month sports pass will automatically start just before your next due payment date once you have applied the voucher code to your account.

If you have a one month sports pass voucher and don't wish to start it until you are ready to redeem the voucher then you must not apply the voucher to your account and save until a later date (making sure you follow & comply with time limit you have to redeem the voucher).

The same should go for the entertainment, movie and kids voucher code passes.

I might be wrong, but i believe the above has been like this for a number of years.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes that seems to be correct if you go by the faq on the website, 30 day passes start right away.  I guess I might have had a week's pass before so my bad on just that part.

But it still contradicts the t&c on the back of the nowtv 1 month sports pass/voucher.  It clearly states you can add it without activating it(30 day pass).

Taken a photo of the t&c, bit small but should be readable.

Key part...

"and activated within 1 year of being added to your nowtv account"

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am using my mobile phone at the moment and had a quick look at the photo you have posted on the back of the one month voucher gift card and couldn't see or find the part of the T&C's that mentions that you can apply the voucher to your account without it activating.

Can only see the bit about you have 12 months to redeem the pass but this doesn't say anything about the pass will not activate until you start watching the sports channels on it.

I am a NowTV customer just like you, so if you have any grievance or not happy with the wording of their T&C's and have been mislead, then you need to take this up with live chat.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just had another look at your attached photo and you are absolutely right where the last sentence says you have one year to redeem and one year to use pass once added to your account.

Therefore you need to take this up with live chat (unless a NowTV Staff member picks this up from here).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did try chatting to live chat earlier before I posted here, but was akin to banging my head against a brick wall when asking a simple question and not getting an answer to the acutal question I asked, I guess my question wasn't on their script and no way I was giving out my voucher code as I was asked to.

I'll just add the voucher closer to the day now, but thanks for the replies and info.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have tagged the NowTV Community Forum Manager to bring this to his attention.

Hopefully somebody from his staff will assist you further.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch and bringing this to our attention. 

Can you please let us know when and where you purchased your 1 month voucher from? 

I look forward to hearing from you so we can get this looked into further. 

Thanks

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Plymouth

PC world

Purchased 13/06/19