cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

World cup

Hi, 

I have a pass on sky sport, so does it provide a world cup?

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The World Cup Football is on both the BBC and ITV who have the UK broadcasting rights.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just saved me the cost of a monthly sports pass.... thought the matches were live on Sky Sports as well.... Nice one.... THANK YOU!! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV and Sky Sports keep sending me emails and notifications telling me to keep up with the World Cup by watching Sky Sports.

It is very annoying.  Everybody knows that all World Cup matches are being shown live, free-to-air, on BBC or ITV.  Why would I follow the World Cup on Sky when the BBC and ITV have the exclusive rights to show all the matches in the UK?

Wlat

Anonymous User
Not applicable

guys, I can not find my way to watch the world cup games on either ITV or BBC. I get on the these channels on the NOW TV but I don't find them! How should I proceed?

Many thanks in advance!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What devices have you tried ?

I am guessing you haven't got the BBC or ITV over the air via Freeview / Youview, FreeSat, Sky Satellite or Virgin Cable to watch these two terrestrial TV channels ? 

If you have the BBC iPlayer App and ITV Hub App you should be able to watch the World Cup.

Haven't tried the ITV Hub App (rather watch via Freeview HD OTA), but i have been watching the games on the BBC iPlayer in glorious UHD via my Roku Stick Plus where the picture looks fantastic and the motion looks sublime Smiley Very Happy