Did you mean: 
Saskia
Scholar 2

With 2023 F1 season just days away……..

Come on NOW TV time to put some realistic offers out there…pretty please 🙏🏻

91 REPLIES 91
c128
Mentor

I've got the same problem - I did "the deal" last year, but haven't received an email this year, nor do I have a similar offer that covers the whole F1 season in the offers section when logged in to my account.  I have the marketing preferences etc. switched on (if that really does make a difference).

I've talked to two CS reps, who were both very polite and helpful, but none would budge on offering anything other than a 6 month deal.  Both said I'd have to wait and see if I got an email.

So - I'm just crossing my fingers now that I will get an email soon, but I'm not overly hopeful...

Saskia
Scholar 2

@c128 hi, I was told by a helpful guy on Live Chat that the 12 mth offers are going out until 2/3/23 so keep checking your email.🤞

Coopd
Advocate

Still no deal in my inbox! 

Ant42
Scholar

For those like me who apparently aren't getting an offer this year, you could always try this:

• Wait until the 3rd of March to take out a subscription.  If you don't activate it until the 3rd, it will neatly cover the first 3 race weekends.
  • Make sure you cancel it before it renews at the end of the month.
  • If you don't get a decent retention offer on cancellation, don't re-subscribe until the 28th of April, the beginning of the 4th race weekend.

If I've calculated that right, 7 months will then cover the rest of the season.  So 8 months in total instead of 9, saving you £35 (or £41 if you're paying for boost too).

It's still a stupid amount of money though and I don't think I'll be doing it.  I really hate having to play this random offer game every year in order to be able to watch the sport I love at anything resembling a non-rip-off price.  I'd rather not have to rely on Channel 4 highlights but it looks like I might have to this year.

Saskia
Scholar 2

Hi @Ant42 totally agree, it is a rip off esp as like you I just want F1. Each year I get Christmas over and look fwd to the F1 season ahead but then dread starting the NOW pricing/email game. I hope the emails continue to fellow F1 followers in the next 48 hours…good luck 🤞

SOrion
Advocate

Yes same, I’ve not got an offer yet either and have done the last 2 seasons. The offers should be available to everyone, not relying on hopefully getting an email which appears to be dished out randomly.

I looked at Sky stream which has a £20 a month offer for 18 months which I would consider if it wasn’t £26 on top for the base package and then another £12 to watch it on more than one tv so unfortunately now’s price of £35 per month is still cheaper. 

gejandcj
Scholar

Looked into that also, but as you say that extra £26 is a killer, when there is very little on that you would want to watch.

UncleZen
Scholar 2

Although I mentioned earlier, that I now have a 6m offer. I am still not in receipt of the offer that others are getting either by email, or in my offers; £20/m for 1yr. And FP1 starts on Friday. 

So there is something odd about how and who they decide to market this to. 

Ive been a member since 2017 when F1 went behind a pay wall and have  used now TV since then. And if they look at what I watch (they will have this info) they will see I only watch sky sports f1. So, the whole offer thing beggars belief.

Mattd
Mentor

It's an absolute joke, I won't be paying £35 plus boost...it will be IPTV option for me or ch4 and instead of getting £26 Inc boost a month sky will get sweet FA from me. How does that make good business sense for sky who knows after 5 years of f1 subscription. Poor customer service sky. 

gejandcj
Scholar

After the post earlier really started looking at Sky Stream a little closer, to see what is truly on offer, trying to find enough content on the rest of the package to warrant the extra £14 - ( we already have a netflix subscription)

Finding it hard though.