cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why has the WEEKLY Sports Pass been discontinued

I only watch golf on Now TV and found the weekly pass ideal as that allowed me to watch a 4 day tournament for a price I can afford. I bought Now TV boxes for that very reason. The monthly pass is only worthwhile when there are top tournaments/championships every week.  Buying the daily pass is not cost effective and neither is the monthly pass for 4 days golf.

Now TV, please reinstate the Weekly Sports Pass if you want occasional sports fans to use Now TV in low season.

Did NOW TV extend the validity of passes due to the lack of live sports during Covid. I had an unvalidated Monthly Sports pass that expired early in the year.

26 REPLIES 26
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

I agree.  I had umpteen weekly passes down the years that would work out well for test matches, international football weeks and golf majors. Even worked out well for football when there were midweek Carabao cup games.  

Also there are periods in January, February and March when there are barely any decent Premier League games on with FA Cup weekends interrupting where a week pass is better.

Next best is to look out for the £20/month email offers which would cover The Masters.  There was one that ended yesterday, but possible there is another in next fortnight.

starman73
Elite

Agreed, weekly pass was what I normally used, however I currently have a 3 month pass from a stick I bought on Black Friday last year for £50, which works out better.

You can get one month for £25 to cover Masters in mid-November.  You can cancel immediately no need to keep for whole three months.  

https://account.nowtv.com/passes/buy-with-voucher/sports/SPORTS_SUBSCRIPTION_MONTH

Sky Sports Month Pass £25 a month for 3 months: Offer ends 15/11/2020. When offer period ends, Sky Sports Month Pass auto-renews at £33.99 unless cancelled. You can cancel anytime. Offer not available to customers with an active Sky Sports Month Pass, unless you are in the last 30 days of your current offer. Offer lost if you cancel your Sky Sports Month Pass before the last month of the offer period. Offer excludes NOW TV combo customers and existing NOW TV customers currently billed by a third party such as Vodafone/Apple or BT. Offer not available to purchase via iOS or Apple TV devices. Excludes existing customers billed for the same pass via Apple Pay. You can only have one Sky Sports Pass in your account at any one time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I checked the golf schedule and the Masters is the only golf I want to view this year. I refuse to pay for a monthly pass to watch 4 days golf. Now TV has lost me as a customer for the foreseeable future.  I feel we were reeled in to buy boxes and weekly passes and now they whip away the weekly pass, something we can all afford and get value for our money. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV is gradually pushing us into longer terms. Withdraw the Weekly pass offer good deals for 3 months pass. Next they will offer good deals for a longer period and withdraw the Monthly pass. They want to trap us into longer 'no contract' offers. It started with the auto renewal of passes. Will it end with annual passes.

The 3 months for £25 per month offer has this condition.
"Offer lost if you cancel your Sky Sports Month Pass before the last month of the offer period".
I read it as pay for 3 months at £25 per month or if you cancel you will have to pay full price for the month or part month used. Again they are tying us in to longer periods. No contract but tied in.

starman73
Elite

pay for 3 months at £25 per month or if you cancel you will have to pay full price for the month or part month used.

No, you pay £25 up front for each month.    If you cancel, you pay no more and it runs to the end of the month.  I have cancelled various deals part way through and that’s what happens.   Use a Monzo/Sterling/Revolut card with low balance if you really want to be sure.

starman73
Elite

Now TV is gradually pushing us into longer terms. Withdraw the Weekly pass offer good deals for 3 months pass. Next they will offer good deals for a longer period and withdraw the Monthly pass. They want to trap us into longer 'no contract' offers. It started with the auto renewal of passes. Will it end with annual passes.

Ironically, there were a lot of posts about the lack of a season pass a few weeks ago, and people getting offers like £20/£25 per month for 9 months rather than paying it all up front.  I suspect month passes are all Now TV will ever offer going forward.  

Also worth noting that BT Sport only offer monthly passes for £25.  No offers.  No day passes. Same with Premier Sports and Eurosport.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Offer lost if you cancel your Sky Sports Month Pass before the last month of the offer period".

The offer period  (3 months for £25/month). If you cancel before month 3 (last month) you will 'lose' the offer.

I had a 3 month Entertainment pass many times until I joined Prime and I could cancel on day 1 to avoid auto renewal and continue watching to the end of the 3 months. I paid upfront for the 3 months. That worked well but it wasn't an 'exclusive offer'.

In the 3 months for £25/month offer, do you pay for each month separately and if so, what happens if I cancel just before the end of month 1 as I only want to view and pay for 1 month of the 3 month offer.  Do I then have to pay the full price £33.99 for the month viewed.  Do I not have to pay for the  other 2 months even though it was a 3 month offer.

starman73
Elite

In the 3 months for £25/month offer, do you pay for each month separately and if so, what happens if I cancel just before the end of month 1 as I only want to view and pay for 1 month of the 3 month offer.  Do I then have to pay the full price £33.99 for the month viewed.  Do I not have to pay for the  other 2 months even though it was a 3 month offer.

You pay £25 up front for first month, cancel immediately (no need to wait until just before end of month) and pay nothing more.

So if you start it tomorrow (1 Nov) it will run until 1 Dec.

You do not have to pay for second or third month.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK.

but, what does this mean. It's a condition of the offer and is there for a reason.

"Offer lost if you cancel your Sky Sports Month Pass before the last month of the offer period". The offer period is 3 months. What does 'offer lost'  mean.

Sky Sports Month Pass
You'll pay just £25.00 a month for 3 months. After your offer ends, you'll pay £33.99 a month. Or cancel anytime.