cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why has the WEEKLY Sports Pass been discontinued

I only watch golf on Now TV and found the weekly pass ideal as that allowed me to watch a 4 day tournament for a price I can afford. I bought Now TV boxes for that very reason. The monthly pass is only worthwhile when there are top tournaments/championships every week.  Buying the daily pass is not cost effective and neither is the monthly pass for 4 days golf.

Now TV, please reinstate the Weekly Sports Pass if you want occasional sports fans to use Now TV in low season.

Did NOW TV extend the validity of passes due to the lack of live sports during Covid. I had an unvalidated Monthly Sports pass that expired early in the year.

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think Now TV will lose customers over this. To have to pay for a Months Sports Pass when you only want to watch a few days sport is such a rip off.

I will watch the Masters highlights on the BBC if they are showing it and by next year I may lose interest in SKY.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think it's pretty obvious why it's been cancelled.  There's more sport on TV right now , with potential for events being  rearranged  ,obtaining refunds is hard  enough at the best of times with a rearranged schedule it would be a nightmare I'm guessing they wouldn't be able to cope .. plus shops were selling sportscards cheaper than buying them thru nowtv anyway which I could never understand , maybe they'll put extra sport on box office and charge more ... oh !  they already have 

starman73
Elite

I think it's pretty obvious why it's been cancelled.

I don’t think it is.  The day pass has gone up to £10, so the price point of a week pass would be about £15-£20 and as such not much less than a month on an offer.  Also maybe the take up of week passes was low, so probably they got scrapped for that reason.  

Whatever the reason, I think it is a shame as I found weeks better than months at certain times of the year in the past.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I brought my week pass in time for when the US Masters was supposed to start. Of course it was rescheduled and now I found out they were discontinued.

When I tried customer services they said "didn't you get the email?" ( I didn't ) and offered a one day pass.

In effect I paid £10 and got nothing. Thanks, NOW TV and welcome to a cheesed off customer

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you have a NowTV one week voucher code or Gift card you should be able to still apply the voucher if it was purchased under 12 months ago.

There is a dedicated link for applying a one week voucher codes in this linked article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-apply-or-enter-voucher-code 

If the link doesn't work with the code, then also try the redeem green voucher button towards the top of your online My Passes section on your account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you but neither the weekly pass link or redeem voucher worked.

It was brought less than 12 months ago. I spent half an hour with customer services and a day pass was the best they could offer.

I intend to follow this up with Citizens Advice as I think this is a Breach of Contract.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if submitting a complaint using the web form on this link page below gets you anywhere.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint