cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Why are offers increasing by £1

Took out a boost offer for £2/month for 6 months last month (2 January) and it has suddenly gone up to £3/month from 2 March. I understand prices are increasing, but if there is an offer of £2/month for 6 months, surely it should remain the same for the whole 6 months.

Anyway, cancelled entertainment and boost, so will save myself £9/month assuming same will happen with Entertainment offer which was renewing at £5/Mon on 28 February but no doubt will be £6/month on 28 March.

6 REPLIES 6
redchiz1
Champion 2

There are a number of threads already on this subject, existing offers are supposed to be honoured for the duration, as the banner on My Account makes clear. Failing NOW centrally fixing this, I intend to go through the inconvenience of contacting customer support when/if the next payment goes through incorrectly. There is no price increase flagged for Entertainment, just Boost and Sports. 

Saskia
Scholar 2

@redchiz1 hi, I checked this with Live Chat and they confirmed ‘that the contract signed will be honoured and to ignore the notification which says that you will be billed a pound extra’ but imo best to just check at your next billing. Hope this helps, cheers

redchiz1
Champion 2

Hi @Saskia and thanks. But I wasn't asking the question. 🙂

It is a shame that the OP didn't check here first, or with the support team before summarily cancelling their offers.

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

Worth knowing is that if you have an offer and cancel it, you can reinstate it at any time up until the expiry of the current payment period.

So all is not lost for @SweetBlitz 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Got an email offer for Cinema for £1/month for 2 months and free boost for a month and there is an exclusive offer for £6/month for 3 months for entertainment on my account.  So will pay £7/month next month with added cinema.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Yay!  🙂