cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Vouchers / Passes expired after being refused as "on an Offer" for 4 months!!

Not to sure if I am in the correct place, but with the lack of Support and frustration, try anything once!

First off I am 80% Blind, so I do not actually watch TV! but my wife does and the kids do so NowTv seemed like a good idea, only pay for things whilst you are using them.. Really good Idea, when the Rugby is on Buy a Sports Voucher, when the6y want to see movies buy a Movie Pass. Nothing to lay out on a monthly basis.... Or so I was led to believe!!!

I had bought a Single Month Sky Sports pass, a three month Entertainment Pass, and a 2 month Sky cinema pass from Game & Argos. I have used them before so had no problem saving a few quid by getting them as cards.

I tried in to put in the vouchers, only to be told that I was currently on an offer, and they would not be accepted, so I waited and tried again, same answer.

Along come NowTV and bill my account for a month of everything, at that point I try and put in the passes again, once more I am told that "You are currently on an offer, try again later!"

so I wait a month, Just Prior to the NowTv payment I try again, once more the exact same answer, 

by now the good old Lockdown is in place, and I am still trying to put in the vouchers /passes.

Today Now TV have taken off £33.99 for sports that is not running , and that I do no want to pay for, 

Prior to that I had to pay £9.99 for another, with another due.

So I go to put in the Passes once more and now they have expired.

I Actually now have £60+ in vouchers that Have All expired that I could not get in, and have paid for Everything for 4 months now and have not watched anything!!

So I want to stop paying PERIOD, but there is no Direct debit to cancel, no way of Stopping the Service without cancelling the voucher / service, which I tried before, and the next month they Just took the payment AGAIN.

It feel like this is not a thing I can control, I have Virgin TV, so actually only need the Now TV for the bedroom... £60 a month for nothing is NOT NICE, how do I get this fixed????

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

When you are applying a voucher you have to wait till the current offer if you have one ends. So this practice is nothing new from Now TV. 

The thing is, when you purchase a Movie or Entertainment or Sports Month pass you will get charged at the end of the month unless you cancel. If you cancel during an offer the pass will end on the next "months" payment. 

For Sports Now TV offer Day and Week passes that do not auto-renew. 

Live Chat is down due to Covid-19, your only working option is to fill out this form. 

https://help.nowtv.com/complaints/tv

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What defines as an OFFER!

paying £33.99 to Now TV for sport, is an offer...

Paying £25 to game for the little blue card is an offer

so if you pay Now TV you cannot use the Game Voucher as your on an offer! 

So what you are saying is, January pay by voucher, February NowTV takes your money, so cancel the day after your account is billed - Lose the 30 days you pay for, and add in another Game card  / Voucher in March.

So in other words to watch sport for 2 months you have to pay for 3 months, at 2 different prices!

you lose a month to being on offer from Now TV, that's not an offer but an overpriced visa payment for a service you do not want!!!

Now I see why you get day and week passes... also over priced!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @gavs82008 

Hi J

If I've read your posts right, you have got yourself caught in one of Now TV's (so-called) helpful policies/actions where they will auto-start a pass, without asking you, in the guise of "helping you out". And once this auto-pass has started it will continue rolling on from month to month, picking up that monthly subscription, until you cancel it. 

I would suggest you do the following, this will help you to get your account back under control:

1) Cancel all your passes, you will have to cancel them one at a time and the cancellation process goes on for 3 to 5 levels.

NB: You should get a cancellation confirmation email within a day, if you do not get one check your account again because the cancellation process did not work and your pass is not cancelled.

2) Most passes are valid from 6 to 12 months when purchased from a retail outlet, so if your passes are less than 6 months old, i.e. from date of purchase, then they should still be OK.

3) Most passes, barring the weekly and daily Sport passes, will continue to roll on with a monthly subscription unless you cancel them.  The best time to cancel a pass is between 10 to 7 days before it end date, if you wait too long, i.e. 2 to 1 days, Now TV's computers will be unable to prevent the next subscription payment from being taken.

4) Remember, when you put your own passes into your Now TV account you will have to cancel them as well or, like the others, they will roll on as well.

Small personal point: I use an electronic diary to keep an eye on the dates of my passes, i.e. when to add them, their end dates and the ever so important cancellation dates.

5) Most importantly, if you are offered a free pass, given an auto-start pass or one is dropped into your account without your knowledge, you should immediately cancel it, unless you want it to roll on with a monthly subscription.

Therefore,  in order to maintain control over your account you have to be proactive, more proactive than you would've thought you would ever need to be.

UK Bob