cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Voucher code not valid

After receiving a 5 month code for Sky Cinema from Customer Services, I have tried multiple times to redeem the code and each time I am told it isn't valid.  I have tried contacting Customer Services about it and all they say to me is:

Usually we recommend our customers to use PC or laptop with supported browsers like Mozilla Firefox, safari or internet explorer to apply the voucher.

This came AFTER I told them I was using a Windows laptop and had tried Firefox, Chrome and IE.  I've also tried entering the code on my nowtv box as well.  

Surely there must be a way to use a valid voucher code without having to go back and forth with CS to get it to work?

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Bit of a long shot, if you have a nowtv box or stick or a games console, when you open the NowTV App and go to My Account if there is an apply voucher button try adding the code there.

I had a problem once where the voucher code didn't work and tried every internet browser going and it still wouldn't work.

Had the same sort of response from live chat saying that the code was valid and try different internet browsers on my account even though i kept telling them it doesn't work on the browsers you are telling me to use over live chat.

I then asked them to add the code to my account at their end and they said that they couldn't anymore because of a change of nowtv policy (which annoyed me a little especially when they confirmed to me over live chat that the voucher was shown valid on their system).

Anyway i went into the NowTV App on my smart box and entered the voucher code in the My Account section and hey presto it accepted the code first attempt.

I not saying it will work for you, but if you haven't tried it yet then there is no harm giving it a go.

Edit - I missed the bit in your post where you have already tried applying the pass via your nowtv box Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In the end, they had to split the voucher into a 3-month and a 2-month code as their systems can't handle a 5-month code (even though they issued it Smiley Indifferent) To make it worse, after applying the code 2 weeks ago, it showed as applied (and was confirmed by the agent) but then dropped off again and I've had to reapply it today.  I wouldn't have known it had dropped off if I hadn't noticed today and they charged my card tomorrow.