cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Voucher Code Not Working

Bought a pass from CDKeys for a Entertainment Pass for 2 month tried putting into my account but comes up with Sorry - this offer has now ended and you missed out this time. I have sent e-mails to CDKeys asking for another code to be sent or my money refunded for it. All they have said is contact Now Tv Help but no joy as send's me to page to put in the code. Any one can advice help as stuck with a code that won't work & they not giving money back or a new code.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Lynn

CDKeys are trying to fob you off, under UK Law it's the retailer's responsibility to supply you goods or services that work otherwise they have to replace the item or refund your money.

I suggest you threaten to take them to small claims court and, if you can, get onto their social media site and tell everyone how they're trying cheat you out of your money, that'll get their attention.

You see, retailers don't like it when you let it be known that they have a "customer fob off policy" when things go wrong.

UK Bob

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

After e-mail ping pong with CD Keys I paid via Paypal so put a claim in there hands & got a reply in my favour,

We reviewed the case you filed on 5 May 2020 and have decided in your favour. 

We've issued a refund
Surprise surprise I got a proper response from CD Keys. 

Lakisha N (CDKeys) 

Hello,

We're really sorry for the problems you've encountered with your order.

We are still investigating this for you, but we want to ensure you don't have to wait any longer.

We can confirm that your order has been refunded/cancelled as the code has not been accessed or redeemed.

The money will be refunded to the original payment method used during the purchase process. Please note that refunds can take between 7 to 10 business days to show on your statement.

Please wait at least 10 business days if you haven't received your refund yet and want to follow up on the refund status.

If anything is unclear or you have more questions feel free to contact our customer support team.

Kind Regards,

Lakisha N,

Support Ace | CDKeys Customer Support

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well done Lynn, you can declare VICTORY.

You've shown them that just because they initially got your money that doesn't mean that they've won the game. 

UK Bob

Harry22673
Scholar

This is why I love paypal

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having the exact same problem, I can put the code in but then it won’t load the voucher and there’s no help 😞

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Any error message pops up on your screen or are you seeing the four spinning coloured loading circles ?

Have you tried a different internet browser with it's adblocking software disabled if you are getting the constant spinning coloured circles (MS Edge is the browser i tend to use).

Also if you have a NowTV Stick or Box or Games Console have you tried applying the voucher code on the NowTV App on your playback device under My Account instead of using the NowTV website.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just see the spinning circles, I will try a different browser now and get back to you, thanks 😀

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

CDKeys is not an authorised supplier of NowTV vouchers; we don’t know where they are getting them from, and nor do they feel the need to tell us.

A read of their T&Cs is very illuminating; they are based in Dubai, work on Dubai law, and suggest that they are more of an eBay-type operation, bringing sellers and buyers together, more like Amazon Marketplace than like Amazon, but with none of the safeguards that Amazon bring to buyers from Amazon Marketplace.

Have a read of these T&Cs and see what you think.

In actuality, their business practices seem to be rather better than these T&Cs would imply, but this seems to be entirely discretionary, with no hard bedrock of consumer protection underlying it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB  @Anonymous User 

You know  Roy

I am surprised why anybody would shop at CD Keys, especially as it's reputation is so sketchy. And being registered in Dubai does not absolve them of working under UK consumer law, even though they may behave as such.

As I've said before, I'll never be a CD Keys customer.

UK Bob 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My issue was resolved by nowtv web chat so all happy now