cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Voucher Code Not Working

Bought a pass from CDKeys for a Entertainment Pass for 2 month tried putting into my account but comes up with Sorry - this offer has now ended and you missed out this time. I have sent e-mails to CDKeys asking for another code to be sent or my money refunded for it. All they have said is contact Now Tv Help but no joy as send's me to page to put in the code. Any one can advice help as stuck with a code that won't work & they not giving money back or a new code.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Lynn

CDKeys are trying to fob you off, under UK Law it's the retailer's responsibility to supply you goods or services that work otherwise they have to replace the item or refund your money.

I suggest you threaten to take them to small claims court and, if you can, get onto their social media site and tell everyone how they're trying cheat you out of your money, that'll get their attention.

You see, retailers don't like it when you let it be known that they have a "customer fob off policy" when things go wrong.

UK Bob

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Lynn

CDKeys are trying to fob you off, under UK Law it's the retailer's responsibility to supply you goods or services that work otherwise they have to replace the item or refund your money.

I suggest you threaten to take them to small claims court and, if you can, get onto their social media site and tell everyone how they're trying cheat you out of your money, that'll get their attention.

You see, retailers don't like it when you let it be known that they have a "customer fob off policy" when things go wrong.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I'm having the same issues. Bought 2 x month passes off CD keys and only 1 worked. They have told me that both codes were valid when sent to me and that I should take up with now tv, which is impossible to do as the customer service is a robot at the moment. I have got back to CDKeys and am waiting for a response. Did they resolve your issue? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Under the consumer rights act, your contract is with Cdkeys and it is for them to provide you a working voucher code or give you a replacement code or refund.

NowTV customer support (even if you get in touch with them) will not be able to help and will refer you back to Cdkeys.

If Cdkeys have an issue with the voucher codes they will need to take it up directly with NowTV (which is extremely unlikely because i have been told by NowTV, that Cdkeys are not an official NowTV seller and from my understanding they don't source their codes directly from NowTV.)

Here's another thread about voucher codes not working when purchased from Cdkeys.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Offers-Vouchers/Help-with-pass/m-p/525317#M6292 

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Hi Schnapps

I had no idea that CDKeys had a dodgy rep when it comes to supplying Now TV vouchers, but as shown from other users experiences, it would be sensible to steer well clear of them. After all CDKeys are not the only game in town, especially as Now TV vouchers, passes and gift cards are available from other more established retailers.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ukbobboy 

I wouldn't like to say dodgy because i don't know their reputation or even dealt with them.

The only thing i can say is that it's my understanding that Cdkeys are not an authorised seller of NowTV voucher codes, so it would be at the person's own risk if they want to buy voucher codes from them.

Should the voucher not work on somebody's nowtv account then that person needs to get back in touch with Cdkeys rather than trying to get in touch with NowTV help support.

The same goes for voucher codes sourced from Ebay, where you need to take this up with the Ebay seller if your code doesn't work.

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps 

Yeah Schnapps

I'm aware of  the "Consumer Rights Act" but, as you know, when you walk into a shop or supermarket you do not necessarily think of how the retailer sources the goods and services they sell to you.

Like you, I've never purchased anything from CDKeys and, from what other users are saying, I never will, they've got no cred and because of that they'll never get my custom.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi thanks for the responses. 

I originally put the code in and now tv asked for my payment pin and it looked like the code was accepted but then didn't show on my passes. I tried again and that's when it said it had already been used. The 2nd code worked fine. 

I'm view of this, I think the error lies with now tv but how do I contact them? If its a phone call, that'd probably cost me more than what I paid for the code so I might be better off cutting my losses. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you checked your passes did you click the arrow directly below the pass to expand the full information on screen for your pass.

Also when you go to My Account > Bills & Payments is there any indication under future payments that the code may have been applied to your account without showing under the Passes & Vouchers section of your account (i have seen this happen before).

Unfortunately there is no telephone helpline for TV pass customers (only Broadband customers).

If you use Twitter, NowTV are more proactive over there and might be able to assist you further, where the Community Forum is mainly used by customers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still no more response from the e-mail I sent again I have left it in PayPal hands now as after requesting my money back from them just keeps saying still pending hope that like a credit card PayPal will get it back for me