cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Valid debit card saying not valid on website and cannot purchase sky sports pass through tv

So for some reason my sky sports pass cancelled.

I did contact my back to cancel the entertainment pass only 5-6 weeks previously. 

The debit card is valid and still is and it is saying 'the card details are not valid' when I go to the passes section of the website. There is a lot of money in the card. So I'm baffled.

Also NO other passes appear, no sky sports pass, no kids pass, nothing. So I cannot even purchase a pack on the website.

On the TV I clicked on the section sky sports and to 'buy sky sports month pass' however it goes:

Sorry we couldn't process your order, please try again later, comm_700005.

I'm not sure what to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User If you asked your bank to cancel payments to NowTv for your entertainment pass, then your bank most likely blocked all payments to NowTv thinking that’s what you wanted. So, with your card now effectively blocked, NowTv can’t take any payments and therefore you have no passes. And with no valid card, you can’t buy any passes. I think you’re going to have to talk to your bank about this. Didn’t you use the proper cancellation procedure with NowTv, or didn’t it work?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User If you asked your bank to cancel payments to NowTv for your entertainment pass, then your bank most likely blocked all payments to NowTv thinking that’s what you wanted. So, with your card now effectively blocked, NowTv can’t take any payments and therefore you have no passes. And with no valid card, you can’t buy any passes. I think you’re going to have to talk to your bank about this. Didn’t you use the proper cancellation procedure with NowTv, or didn’t it work?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Mark_Weinreb 

Thanks Mark. 

This is the most likely explanation. I cancelled it though Now TV and through the bank just to make sure however did not intend to cancel the sky sports pass.

Thank you.