cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IamStephen
Scholar

Unable to apply current member offer for 50% off combined Entertainment and Cinema pass

Hi there,

I trying to apply a current member offer that consists of, as stated:

4 months Movies and Entertainment for £39.99 Save 55% 

'You pay £39.99 for 4 months of Sky Cinema and Entertainment: One off payment of £39.99'

But when I go through to claim and apply the offer I am requested to pay a total of £87.92 today.

I've tried to login through multiple browsers and it is still the exact same issue...

hoping someone might be able to help or advise?

Kindest regards

Stephen 

57 REPLIES 57
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem. I had the offer on my page but when i came to apply it it had disappeared. 

I forgot to take a screen shot though.

Live chat doesn't seem to be working so are we expect any kind of responce from Now, or just silence???

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

So any offers are based on your account. Sometimes you will see "personalised" offers in your account within the "my passes" section. 

https://account.nowtv.com/passes/my-offers

These will for whatever reason come and go. 

Hate to say it, but looks like Now TV are pressing forward with this new method of offers. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

It's just annoying. It was there yesterday when I was at work (not in the morning though - appeared sometime around lunch) and by the time I got home to discuss it with my wife it had gone.

I was under the impression that it might have been pulled for the reasons mentioned in this thread but maybe it was a one time offer... who knows?

If it doesn't come back I won't be renewing without a similar offer. Do Now TV ever reply do anything on this forum... or look at it?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What seems to be happening is that emails to customers with offers. Doesn't mean all customers will receive the same emails. 

As a guess they are trying to stay away from the bulk purchasing due to Covid, so they don't have the hassle of trying to reimburse customers. 

My assumption is that going forward it will remain to discounted pass offers which of course can be cancelled any time. Whereas if you purchase a 12 month pass, if you don't see the content you bought it for you feel like have wasted x amount of months, at least with the monthly discounted passes its only 1 payment for the month instead of the 1 payment for 12 months with only 6 months use. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTv have emailed back to say that they are aware that ‘a few’ of their customers have reported problems with this deal, they have said they are looking into the problem and will be in touch soon.

As they’ve acknowledged the deal and have said that they are aware people have had problems buying it, I’m hopeful they are just working on fixing whatever was wrong with the original links to payment. I shall update the thread when they get in touch again, I believe NowTv do have people that read through community pages, as I’m sure I’ve seen replies from a ‘NowTv team’ account before. I’ve made sure to mention this thread a couple of times to them so hopefully someone will be able to come here and comment in order to reassure everyone that wasn’t able to get through to live chat for help.

IamStephen
Scholar

Hi and thanks again Pippa,

Yes, I think the main point is that the offer was there and live for quite a few of us yesterday and we couldn't actually use it as it was faulty and was charging the full amount rather than the discounted offer price...it wasn't that it expired too soon or that it was a limited offer.

I was trying to take up the offer and it just wasn't possible, and I imagine there might have been many others who tried and hadn't even mentioned the situation on this thread.

Lets hope Nowtv come through on this for us

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same problem yesterday - I logged into my account, clicked the "Click here to check out your exclusive offers" red offers banner at the top of my passes page and there was an offer for 4 months Movies and Entertainment for £39.99.

I wanted to discuss it with my other half, as were looking at leaving NowTV, and we decided that we would take up that offer. I logged back in a few hours later and the offer had gone!

"Sorry, we don't have any offers for you right now. Pop back soon to check for the latest deals."

Sadly it looks like we will have to stick with leaving NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i  went to cancel my entertainment and cinema on monday and i got 6months entertaiment £5 and cinema for£5.99 so i just took deal 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I filled in the complaint form and have today had an email asking me to forward the screenshots I took. I have done that and await a further response.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Immediate response:

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know about the incorrect charges in your account for Sky Cinema Pass and Entertainment Pass, Rest assured I've looked into this and have helped with the details below. 

We are aware of this glitch and have got your case raised to our higher team who is been looking into this. 

Rest assured the team will back to you asap and help you sort this. 

I request your patience till this is been looked into.

Reply to this email without changing the subject line, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible 

The NOW TV Team