cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried to cancel but then offered half price

Hi,

I tried to cancel about 3 weeks ago but then it offered me 6 months for £7.50 so I decided to stay but once clicked the message below was shown:

Well, this is embarrassing… We're not sure what happened there.

Please try selecting your offer again.

Tried again, did the usual logged out, deleted cookies/cache but it still didn't work so had to go back to work, so i ended up being charged £11.99 (which I am pretty sure no one ever really pays) and now today I have tried to cancel but it is show the below message:

Well, this is embarrassing… We're not sure what happened there.
Please try selecting your offer again.

Does anyone know what the issue is and how to resolve it? I cant really afford the £7.50 a month but I don't really watch TV just films.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I wouldn't say that £7.50 per a month under a Cinema Pass retention deal is that great to be honest.

Seen much better retention or email offer deals in the past for a Cinema Pass by NowTV.

If it was me i would contact NowTV live chat and explain to them that the retention offer didn't work on your account when you attempted to accept it and whilst on live chat tell them that £7.50 per month is still out of your budget and see if they can improve the offer (if you don't ask you won't get).

They might not budge or help and if they can't assist you, then i believe Currys are still currently selling 2 month NowTV Cinema Gift Cards for £15 (though stock should be running low because this Gift Card is being replaced with a more expensive 1 month Cinema Gift Card which is not that good value for money compared to the older style NowTV Gift Cards being phased out by NowTV).

Here's a link to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I wouldn't say that £7.50 per a month under a Cinema Pass retention deal is that great to be honest.

Seen much better retention or email offer deals in the past for a Cinema Pass by NowTV.

If it was me i would contact NowTV live chat and explain to them that the retention offer didn't work on your account when you attempted to accept it and whilst on live chat tell them that £7.50 per month is still out of your budget and see if they can improve the offer (if you don't ask you won't get).

They might not budge or help and if they can't assist you, then i believe Currys are still currently selling 2 month NowTV Cinema Gift Cards for £15 (though stock should be running low because this Gift Card is being replaced with a more expensive 1 month Cinema Gift Card which is not that good value for money compared to the older style NowTV Gift Cards being phased out by NowTV).

Here's a link to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint