cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Testing out Chromecast

Hi, I would like to test broadcasting to a tv from an iPhone 7 from the Nowtv app using Chromecast. As I already have an account I can’t sign for a 7 day trial so is the a trailer or any free content I can play to test it? (I’m nervous because BBC iPlayer doesn’t work)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You mentioned you already have an account are there any active passes on this account ?

If so and you have less than six registered devices on your existing account, then the Chromecast should work with the NowTV App on your phone.

Or if you already have six devices, you can delete one of your selected devices on your account.

Should you haven't got any active passes, have you got say for example a kids or hayu 7 day free trial on your existing account just to test out your Chromecast with the NowTV App on your phone.

If you start a free trial make sure you cancel it well before the trial is up by following all on screen instructions on screen (approx 4 steps).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You mentioned you already have an account are there any active passes on this account ?

If so and you have less than six registered devices on your existing account, then the Chromecast should work with the NowTV App on your phone.

Or if you already have six devices, you can delete one of your selected devices on your account.

Should you haven't got any active passes, have you got say for example a kids or hayu 7 day free trial on your existing account just to test out your Chromecast with the NowTV App on your phone.

If you start a free trial make sure you cancel it well before the trial is up by following all on screen instructions on screen (approx 4 steps).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great suggestion. Just took out a Hayu 7 day trial

mny thnx

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just make sure once you tested out the Hayu 7 day free trial that you cancel it properly.

Once you cancelled the Hayu trial go back to My Account > Passes & Vouchers on here and it should show cancelled next to the Hayu Pass.

Also you should hopefully receive an email from NowTV that you have cancelled a pass on your account.

Surprised that the BBC iPlayer App doesn't work over Chromecast, out of curiosity are you using a BT Hub Router or a VPN service ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
says quietly “I’m in Spain for the winter but ExpressVPN is my saviour” - I’ve emailed BBC who pointed the finger at Chromecast but Chromecast pointed the finger at the BBC....they are contacting the BBC

My thread is here https://support.google.com/chromecast/thread/21373932?hl=en

Unsure whether to take an Entertainment pass (I want to watch the latest Silicon Valley) or spend the extra on Sky Cinema. Any views?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are currently over in Spain, then you will need to have a read of this help article when watching NowTV Abroad.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-abroad 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I use a chromecast to play all my tv. 

bbc iPlayer works fine to cast from the bbc app itself.