cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tesco vouchers - Can I use vouchers issued to my wife on my account?

My wife has used Tesco vouchers for a Now tv code but doesn't have an account. Can we use this code under my name? The voucher will be used at the same address and on the same tv. Or - does my wife have to sign up for a separate account? Thanks if you can help us with this query.

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Was this a NowTV Gift Card with the silver strip that you scratch off on the back of the Gift card to reveal a NowTV Voucher Code ?

If so you can apply the voucher code to your own account if you haven't got an active pass or have less than 30 days remaining on the pass.

Otherwise you will be able to apply the code to your account once you have 30 days or less on the same pass has the voucher you are applying.

Or have you traded up Tesco Clubcard points for triple NowTV credit ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
My wife bought a NOW TV voucher using Tesco Clubcard vouchers thinking we could use it to credit my NOW TV account. We expected to get a voucher code to apply but that didn't happen. Instead there was a link "Spend it now" that would credit a NOW TV account in my wife's name. We would rather not open another NOW TV account in her name. Can you advise please, 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Not fully familiar with transferring Tesco Clubcard points for NowTV triple credit to be honest.

Though i would have thought both the Tesco & NowTV accounts need to be linked to the Tesco Clubcard holder or when trading up the points your Wife may have been given the option on the claim to select a different NowTV account.

Your best option is to start with NowTV Live Chat and see if it's possible to transfer and redeem the credit on your account or if NowTV live chat can't assist or help.

Then go back to Tesco Clubcard Support and see if they can transfer back the credit and convert the points back again onto your Wife's Tesco account.

Or otherwise if both NowTV & Tesco can't help, then your only option is to create a new NowTV account in your Wife's name.

Suppose it depends on how much credit you have got to spend with NowTV.

Here's a link below to NowTV live chat, click the small green arrow underneath How to Get in Touch to see the live chat button.

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/vouchers-offers/using-vouchers  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It seems that I just asked the same question on the forum. Did you ever get an answer or otherwise succeed in applying the voucher to your existing account?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

It seems that I just asked the same question on the forum. Did you ever get an answer or otherwise succeed in applying the voucher to your existing account?

@Anonymous User Did you ever get this sorted ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The short answer is no. We had to create a new NOW TV account in my wife's name so that her Tesco voucher had a direct link to that account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much for replying. I was hoping that the Tesco process involved transferring you to a NOW TV screen from where you could sign in to an existing account (that would be a  sensible option!) but it sounds as if that is not the way it works.

Creating another account is somewhat tedious but may be the only sensible option. Did you have to close your own account or simply leave it unfunded - I guess that may amount to the same thing?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are going to close your existing account then you need to cancel any active passes on them to prevent the passes auto renewing each month.

When cancelling there is approximately four steps on screen to follow until you see the green thumbs up message and the cancelled message showing next to your pass.

If you have more than one active pass you need to cancel them individually and normally get an email within a couple of hours from NowTV saying you have cancelled a pass on your account.

I would also be tempted before cancelling your passes and creating a new account to see if NowTV can help in some way (either use the live chat service or drop them a message on the web form that i posted on the other thread you started).

I am guessing your wife has already traded up the Tesco Clubcard points to NowTV triple credit already ?