cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tesco's: 2 month Entertainment pass gift card not recognised

I have just this week purchased a 2 month entertainment pass from Tesco's, so as a gift card, but it doesn't recognise the number on the receipt, which the member of staff from the store, said I would need to use. On the receipt, it comes under card number and is 19 digits long. Am I doing something wrong, because I have entered the number on more than one occasion, so it isn't just a case of mistyping?

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if using a different internet browser with the ad blocker disabled makes any difference, where i tend to use MS Edge when applying codes to my account.

There could be a possibility that the NowTV Gift card wasn't activated at the till by the Shop Assistant in Tesco's, where i have seen this happen in the past (without the till activation the code will not work).

The NowTV voucher codes that i have come across myself have always either been fourteen or twelve digits long with a combination of capital letters and numbers, thou i have never used the NowTV Gift cards so they be 19 digits long.

Perhaps see if nowtv live chat can help you out.

Link page below to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

RMM71
Scholar 2

You have to gently scrape off the silver strip on the card to reveal the number. It is not on the till receipt.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wow! This is the first time I have seen any mention of having to scratch off the foil to reveal the code for use. There is nothing anywhere on this site or on the gift cards themselves to tell you that. Quite unbelievable! It’s the first time I’ve ever used a gift card, so this is a big surprise that something so basic is not mentioned anywhere... 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It mentions it on step 3 of this link.

https://www.nowtv.com/cardactivate/existing 

I haven't used a Gift card in a long time or got an old Gift to check and if there is no clear instructions on the Gift Card itself about scratching the silver strip away to see the voucher code then perhaps NowTV should make it more clearer on new Gift Cards they produce in the future that they issue to retail stores.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi.

Thanks again.

That instruction wasn't on the various links I looked at this morning. This site is not an easy one to navigate... 😞