cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jem
Mentor

Tesco Clubcard ending its partnership with Now TV.

I've just had an email to say that Tesco Clubcard is now ending its partnership with Now TV from the end of January.

Very disappointing news.

17 REPLIES 17
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Jem 

Extremely disappointing news, where NowTV triple credit for exchange for Tesco Clubcard Vouchers was one of my main source of saving money when using NowTV.

The ending date is also mentioned on the Tesco Clubcard website.

https://secure.tesco.com/clubcard/now-tv/UK-009896.prd 

It's getting very difficult nowadays to save money using NowTV, they have scrapped their NowTV Gift Cards, the bundled vouchers that comes with their Stick is not has attractive as years gone by and retention deals are not so generous anymore when they are offered.

Might have to start to weigh up my options.

SSJ
Advocate

This is very disappointing news as the only way I buy my Nowtv vouchers is by using Tesco vouchers. It works out much more affordable.

Does anyone know if I can buy a load of vouchers before Jan 31st and then use them at a later date? For how long can I keep the vouchers before they expire? Thanks

Jem
Mentor

It says you must redeem the vouchers before January 31st. Presumably the credit would then sit on your Now TV account?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

NowTV have also updated their guide article about Tesco Clubcard credit on their Help Section and because they haven't amended the FAQ's i would assume the same rules apply once the credit has been added to your NowTV account.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/adding-credit-to-my-account 

SSJ
Advocate

That's what I hope will happen but I'm going to contact Nowtv tomorrow just to clarify. I would definitely need to know how long the vouchers will stay on my account before they expire. Also if I can buy more than one sky sports pass at one time because that's the pass I will want to buy multiples of.

SSJ
Advocate

On the link posted above it says-

Any vouchers you receive must be redeemed before the expiry date included in your latest Clubcard email.

So that means the vouchers must be used  by 31st January then?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @SSJ 

No the way i understand it, you need to convert the Tesco Vouchers to NowTV credit before the 31st of January 2021 and then the credit sits on your NowTV account and reading the FAQ you have 36 months to spend it.

Jem
Mentor

@schnapps 

If you were to have the credit sitting on your account, would you need to have an active pass to keep your account open?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Jem 

I don't think so, where you can dip in and out of your passes anytime and the credit remains on the top of your NowTV account My Passes and Bills & Payments screen.

Would have thought you would need to keep your bank card up to date on the NowTV system and your personal details left on the NowTV data base.

I always have various different active passes on the go at the same time, where the value of the next payment due is taken from the credit amount and keeps taking the credit until it runs out.

You may be better off asking the question directly to NowTV and maybe drop them an email using the email address in this screen shot below.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg