cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Switching from a free trial to a monthly pass - do I get charged for the free trial?

Hey there everyone, 

This might seem like an obvious question but i can't figure it out and all i get is a chat bot when i try to talk to someone. I got the 7-day entertainment free trial. It ends tomorrow. I went to cancel because 9.99 a month is a bit steep for me. Then it offered me a 5.99 per month for six months pass. But when i went to accept, it said that the next payment is 9.99, so I am trying to work out, if i accept the offer, will it charge me for the past week at 9.99, then switch next month to the discount rate? It's really unclear because at the moment i have accepted the discount 6-month pass but it says 9.99 is due to pay tomorrow.... It would seem unfair as that means my free trial was not free unless i completely cancel tonight... 

Thanks all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
It’s been a while when I was on a free trial, but what I would say is no you won’t get charged for the free trial. If you took the offer you received then your first payment will be whatever the offer is.

However if you don’t take any offer and keep the pass then yes the full price £9.99 will

be your next payment. 

If you want to triple check, pop onto Live chat to confirm with Now TV staff.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
It’s been a while when I was on a free trial, but what I would say is no you won’t get charged for the free trial. If you took the offer you received then your first payment will be whatever the offer is.

However if you don’t take any offer and keep the pass then yes the full price £9.99 will

be your next payment. 

If you want to triple check, pop onto Live chat to confirm with Now TV staff.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @gavs82008  thanks a lot, appreciate your reply. I think you're right and that would make sense, let's hope so. I actually tried the live chat button but got a useless Bot 🙂 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

578E801E-8872-4CF4-8841-EC43A87E1C0C.png

Was it the “chat online” green button you tried? If it was the “get help quicker” pink button you tried then yes you’ll get the bot.

Selecting “chat online” will take you to Live chat to speak to Now TV staff.