cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Start date for passes before I have my device

Hi. I'm moving from Sky and I've just signed up for broadband. I wanted to take advantage of the half price movie pass and discounted entertainment pass offered when I signed up, I was offered these as soon as my order went through so I assumed I needed to take them up on the offer straight away. I didn't think that the passes would start straight away though, my sister who has had NOW TV for over a year said passes start from when you first sign into your device/use the pass for the first time. Is she mistaken? I haven't even got my device yet. I have had to give 31 days notice to sky to cancel my TV package so don't even need to start using NOW TV until the start of July but when they emailed me my order the deal with the tv passes starts on the 4th, the day I signed up, so I'm going to lose a month. Is that right or should they start from when I first use them? I did email them about it straight away but they haven't got back to me, not a good start!
Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am not familiar with this 50 % off your cinema pass if you sign up to NowTV Broadband.

Found the offer on the NowTV website and had a quick read of the T&C's where i couldn't find the answer apart from it says if you are under an existing offer you can't redeem the pass until you are within the last 30days on your existing offer.

Normally with most NowTV offers there is a time limit to redeem and start the pass on your account where usually there is a little leeway to apply the discounted pass to your account (though i cannot confirm this is the case on this particular offer).

If you have already received the email from NowTV with the link or voucher code is there any indication on the small print that you need to redeem the pass straight away or is there any grace time given ?

Also i am assuming you know when you sign up to the NowTV Broadband offer the only hardware you receive has standard is the Hub Router and no TV streaming box or stick is included in the package, where you need to source this separately.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for replying. They never sent me an email with links to the offer, they just came up on the page after I'd signed up for the broadband which is why I thought I'd better purchase them then and there. I didn't think the start date of the pass would be straight away though, I thought it would be when I first use them. They haven't sent me a code though, just a receipt so I[m not sure how it's going to work, I guess I'll figure that out once I get a device. Yes I know I need to source the device seperately, I'm buying a second hand box.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Like i said i am not familiar with this half price cinema offer for new NowTV Broadband customers and don't know how it works.

You should be able to see if the half price cinema offer has already kicked in by going to My Account > Passes & Vouchers on here and also going to the Bills & Payments section on your account.

Sorry i couldn't offer you any further assistance on this matter, where hopefully somebody from NowTV will get back to you.