cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aries
Scholar

Sports pass season ticket?

Anyone heard on the grapevine if there’s going to be a “pay up front” season pass this year for the footie?

Had a deal of sorts last year because of COVID and the potential for matches to be postponed, but it was a £25 a month rolling deal. 

Previous years, there was a an upfront cost of £199 for a pass that covered the entire season. 

13 REPLIES 13
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Aries 

Personally I would say it’s highly unlikely that any annual memberships will be back on the horizon for NOW.

Your best to keep an eye out for offers via email, in the offers section of the website and within your account.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Aries
Scholar

Sorry that’s gone over my head. Is that a voucher code? If so, doesn’t work for me

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Aries 

Stick to what you get offered with on the NOW website.

https://www.nowtv.com/offers
Currently 3 months sport £25 per month

Or check out your account offers which tends to be the same as the general offers.

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/account/membership/my-offers

The only company that is doing “longer term” deals with NOW is BT, but that involves getting broadband with them.

When the world goes back to normal we might see annual memberships again, but we just have to keep going with what we get for now.

Aries
Scholar

I’ll wait until just before kick off to see if they match last years offer at the very least, which was the same £25 per month for 9 months rather than 3 to cover the season but with the caveat that you could cancel at any time if Covid caused a stop to fixtures. 

With the situation looking less disruptive 12 months on, I’d expect that sort of deal to be matched at least. 

Aries
Scholar

That’s not for me but I appreciate the opinions. 

RoyB
Legend

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that 3 * £15.99 - (£33.00 + £5.00) = £9.97, a pretty nice margin for GO5050 themselves, even before they put you on a discounted offer that gets that £38.00 down to £26.00 for them.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It’s a worse idea to share your account with a complete stranger. My accounts are shared within my close family and friends only.

At least with BT you get customer phone support for TV. 

That being said I’m a BT customer for broadband only, but I having my NOW billed via NOW directly. 
Haven’t paid full price for NOW in almost 3-4 years. That’s with discounts and annual memberships being applied.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User stop spamming what is obviously a scam website. It has no registered address, the privacy policy has been copied and pasted from another company and the site is littered with spelling mistakes.

The last people to spam were deleted and no doubt you will be as well.

@Simon-J 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User the trust pilot page is closed as the "company" can't verify themselves.

You own or are something to do with company and are clearly spamming. There is no record of any company under go5050 or ibmd. If a company needs to hide behind fictitious names, it's a scam.

More than likely, you're sat in a bedroom with multiple streaming accounts that you're selling for a profit. Sports is currently £30 a month with boost but you're selling it to 3 people for £16 a month each. That's a £18 profit without any tax paid! Con 100 people and you've got a nice little gig. 

I'm sure HMRC would love a little look at your set up.