cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sports offer likely?

As the title says, what's the prospect of an offer to coincide with the new football season, starting in 8 days from now?

I'm currently holding out on restarting my Sports sub in case I miss out on a dedicated 'season pass' for the football as has been done with the F1 season recently.

PS. what's up with these stupid labels you're now required to enter to get a question posted? The labels offered to me for this thread weren't really relevant to my query.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

They are doing an offer £179 for 10 months of sports 

would have liked a £20 per month offer so gonna just get a pass from Argos or currys 

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wahey,

That lovely women was right!

£20 a month for 4 months! Just got the email!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Wahey,

Why not take the '10 months for £179' (one off payment) offer in the offers page? Works out at £17.90 monthly and covers the football season.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Wahey,

Why not take the '10 months for £179' (one off payment) offer in the offers page? Works out at £17.90 monthly and covers the football season.

4 months for £20 can work out better and no money up front.  Premier League runs 11 aug - 12 may which is 9 months + 2 days.  So if as likely as not you get an offer you can't refuse as you cancel you probably only ever pay £20/month.  And given the last month (or three) of the season is invariably dead for me, I can save on that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Wahey,

4 months for £20 can work out better and no money up front.  Premier League runs 11 aug - 12 may which is 9 months + 2 days.  So if as likely as not you get an offer you can't refuse as you cancel you probably only ever pay £20/month.  And given the last month (or three) of the season is invariably dead for me, I can save on that.

I'm with you on that,maybe other offers avalible along the way too,there was some £16.99 offers last season from memory.It's a big wedge to pay upfront.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you take up the 4 months at £20 per month offer do you have to use the four months consecutively?

I work away so I would like to watch for a month suspend the voucher then activate it again when I'm back in the UK. Then suspend it when I go away etc.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

If you take up the 4 months at £20 per month offer do you have to use the four months consecutively?

I work away so I would like to watch for a month suspend the voucher then activate it again when I'm back in the UK. Then suspend it when I go away etc.

Yip. I'm afraid it's four consecutive months. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For those that have had the sport season ticket before, are they definately an up front one off payment, no option to pay over 10 months?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

For those that have had the sport season ticket before, are they definately an up front one off payment, no option to pay over 10 months?

I've never had a season ticket offer before but as far as I'm aware it's a straight up payment, with no option for installments. You may get an email with an offer of 4 months for £20 per month which is currently being sent out. If you remembered to cancel before the end of month 4 there's always a chance of them offering you a further 3 months at £20 monthly which is how I've done it in the past.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If take out the £179 pass and decide to cancel after 3 months any ideas what's refunded? Is it the remaining 7/10th of the £179?   

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Wahey,

They have me caught for a chunk of the last month as I always watch the EFL Play-off games.