cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Glens
Advocate

Sports day pass with 8 month mobile membership 1p difference

Just wondering anyone else has experienced this and/or have been able to correct the situation.

Basically 10 days ago i signed up to what i thought was an offer of 1 day sports pass which would alsp grant me 8 months mobile membership for £11.99 

However after not recieving my code for the mobile membership i contacted live chat where i was informed that there was an £11.98 option which i shouldve selected as that incudes the combo..the 11.99 i have chosen is only the day pass.  Myself nor the 3 family members i was with at the time of purchase can recall there being an 11.98 option alongside the 11.99 option, baring in mind the mobile membership was the tuerning point in choosing to even purchase the 1 day.

I MAY have somehow missed an 11.98 option but this seems at least a snealy website navigation issue or at most a case of for some period of time the system wasnt correct and signing people like myself up falsely advertised?

Either way live chat told me nothing can be done now despite only 10 days after the error was made and i apparently somehow selected a day pass WITHOUT the offer. Curious to know of anyone has experienced this or the chances of this happening?

Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Glens 

I can't test this out myself, because I always have an active full monthly Sports Membership running on my account.

But I reckon if you purchased the Day Sports Pass from either directly off your playback devices or directly through your online account under My Membership then you pay the full current price of £11.99 with no free Mobile Sports Membership included (which is currently 9 Months).

Where the only way to get the current offer of £11.98 plus 9 months included Mobile Membership is via the offers webpage directly from the NOW website.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Glens 

Looks like the Day Sports Pass with the free included Mobile Membership for 9 months ended when going to the NOW website offers page.

It was available there yesterday or the day before because I was on the page looking at something else.

I was going to click on the Day Sports Pass offer has a test to see if it brought up some options you could untick like the free included Mobile  Membership for example and then put the price back to £11.99 minus the free included Mobile Membership.

Perhaps if the offer reappears in the future I will give it a go has a test exercise for my curiosity.

Glens
Advocate

Ah i see, that would be interesting to see the outcome of that. Never would have expected it to be something that was changeable through a tick box and wasnt mentioned as a possibility by the guy on live chat but would help explain the outcome or how i managed to end up without the offer 

A little frustrating if it has been something like that as it has likely not been very clear giving my interest in recieving the offer 

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Glens 

I am not sure with the Day Sports Pass offers from the website because I haven't tried purchasing a Day Sports Pass in years.

I was going to do a test run after seeing your post this morning, but the Day Pass offer has expired and gone back to normal on the NOW website offers webpage.

Though I know with the monthly Sports Membership offers on the NOW website, when it comes with a Boost offer included for example, once you click on claim offer and it goes to the checkout screen there is options such has remove the Boost trial or Boost one month free offer which you have the option to remove before you proceed to buy the Membership.

Glens
Advocate

I guess box ticking could be an explanation.  I MAY have ticked a box for example that I thought was to not sign up to any future advertising of offers etc. but actually ticked a box that said I didn't want to make use of the offer.

IF so, still a little sneaky on their part and not very clear 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Glens 

If it's like the NOW Sports monthly Membership offer deal currently on the NOW website then the free stuff given in the offer is already included in the checkout screen page and if you don't want the optional extra stuff you manually have to opt out (ie in this example screen shot below you can remove the Boost one month offer but you have to manually remove it yourself by clicking on the remove link button).

Screenshot_2023-03-09-12-56-54.png

I am not sure if it's the same with the Day Sports Pass offer if the 9 month Mobile Membership is similar and you can remove it under the checkout page or it is automatically given and there is no way to remove it (like I said I haven't used a Day Sports Pass in years or tried the Day Sports Pass offers on the NOW website).

Also if you are billed through a third party such has BT, Amazon, Talk Talk for your NOW bolt on TV packages I don't think this free Mobile Membership would be included and the price will be £11.99.

Though I would expect when attempting to take up the NOW website offer it would bring up an error message saying something like you are not eligible for this offer or a message something is gone wrong (I am not billed by a third party using NOW so again I am not fully conversant what happens).

Glens
Advocate

Yeah this looks clearer than any of my experience.  Unfortunately I guess it doesn't matter much now as i'll not be receiving my mobile membership for some unclear reason.  It is a shame there is no way for customer service to manually add the offer to my account, but apparently not an option. 

I hope it brings the issue to the attention of others who may fall for not ticking/unticking correct boxes etc (if that was even the case) and that signing up for the day pass while such an offer is on that not taking up the offer is even an option (i would've thought it would almost be by default that you would receive the mobile membership and the choice is yours weather to activate the code or not when it arrives).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Glens 

Can't help with the 9 month Mobile Membership voucher code unfortunately, because I am a customer just like you.

Perhaps a forum Member who takes up this Day Sports Pass offer regularly on the NOW website offers page, can confirm if the 9 month Mobile Membership offer is there at default (which I would expect) and there is either an option to opt out by removing it during the checkout screen or it's fixed and under normal circumstances you Mobile Membership is automatically applied to your account within the 10 days.