cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sports Season Ticket Eligibility

I've been unable to purchase this season ticket using any of the links suggested on other posts. However I have since read on a couple of other posts that if you are also a NowTV broadband customer you are not eligible for this offer. I find this a frankly unbelievable way of treating customers and completely at odds with trying to retain customers or attract new broadband customers. It in fact feels like I am being penalised for using NowTV for my broadband. Do any other forum users know if this is definitely the case? Is there an official response from NowTV that they would like to make clear to everyone on the forum, so that users can take this into consideration when decided whether or not to use NowTV for broadband (if they deny their own broadband users from taking up this offer, who's to say they won't do it on other offers)?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am totally in the dark when it comes to passes and having Now broadband. The T&Cs for the offer state: Offer not available in conjunction with any other NOW TV offer/Combo/promotion

I'm not sure if the 'Combo' part of that statement has any relevance to your issue or not?

I'll tag in @schnapps and @Andy as they are very knowledgable and extremely helpful members of this community.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User Yep the NOW TV Combo (broadband, calls and TV pass offer combined which has now been discontinued and replaced by NOW TV Broadband) means quite a few of the offers NOW TV have you aren't going to be able to take advantage of, due to the back-end system you've been put on. I was in the same situation. 

Hopefully NOW TV will find some way of making the old Combo system compatible with offers at some point. In the meantime if you want to take advantage of the sports season pass you'd need to set up a brand new account (you can use the same payment card but you'll need a different email address). If you still get a Combo discount on any other passes you have then you'd probably be better off leaving those passes there (which makes it awkward as you'd have to keep signing in and out of two accounts to watch different passes), but if you don't then you can also move your other passes over to a new account, in effect giving you one account for your broadband and another account for your passes. 

Not ideal but about all you can do for now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for stepping in @Andy and explaining all that. I have BT for broadband so wasn't clued up on how Combo customers were being disadvantaged by missing out on some of the pass offers. I hope for those affected Sky/NowTV get something better put in place so as everyone can avail of future offers. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Think this is shocking. Been trying to get this pass and keeps says I'm not able just because i get my internet and tv from now tv. Think it's time to do find another provider!!!!