cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Konrad

Sky sports

I am looking at buying a sky sports day membership before the derby tommorow. There is an offer which gives you the day membership for £11.99 and also a “9 month mobile membership”. Surley this Dosent mean I’d get sky sports for 9 months on my mobile? Sounds too good to be true. Can someone please let me know what they think the offer is all about. Thank you 

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Konrad 

NOW has been running the free bundled Mobile Sports Membership for a while and within 10 days of your Day Pass Membership purchase you will get this 9 month offer automatically applied to your account.

Make sure you read this link article below where there is a few caveats such has you are restricted to watching five live Sky Sports channels only, but the Sky Premier League channel is one of the five.

You can only watch on a smartphone screen (not tablet) and you can't cast.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-use-my-sports-mobile-membership 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Konrad 

If you are interested in watching EFL Championship or 1st Division matches on Sky then the Mobile Sports Membership would be of little use because these games are on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Football (not covered under the Mobile Membership).

If you like watching Premier League football or Sports events on Sky Sports Arena or Sky Sports Action or like Horse Racing on Sky or watching Sky Sports News on a smartphone screen then the NOW Mobile Membership would be fine.

Anyway at the end of the day it's a freebie.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Konrad 

Out of curiosity what derby game is on tomorrow? 

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps @Konrad 

I thought he meant the horse race, but that is on the 3rd of June 😛

Must be a local derby…

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

The only one that matters in North London is on Sunday.  Some nonsense currently on BT Sport happening in Manchester…

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB 

The only local derby I can see today on the Sky Sports TV Guide is a cricket match between two Melbourne sides in Australia which started a few hours back this morning.

There is a big North London derby between Tottenham v Arsenal, but this is on tomorrow.