cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky sports pass not working

I bought a Sky Sports pass after receiving an email offering me a discount - cost £25 per month for 4 months.

it doesn’t work. My payment went through on 1st September. I get a message saying “purchase cannot be completed on this device” on my LG TV. On my iPad and iPhone the pass doesn’t exist and I don’t have the option to buy another. Though the payment is listed, the pass isn’t.

So, I contacted them on what can only be described as the most pathetic customer service system in existence. Really, Now TV make Ryanair look brilliant.

After an hour long ‘chat’ i was told the Tech Team would contact me within 48 hours. Nothing. Contacted them again and, after 4 days, got a reference number. Another 3 days and another hour long tediously painful online chat and I’m told “our Engineers are aware of the problem and are working as a top priority to repair your issue”.

Two weeks, hours of online chats, Now TV are keeping my £25 and I’ve missed two entire 5 day test matches. In that entire time I’ve had one email quoting a reference number and any information- which is none really - I’ve had, has been a result of me starting chats with them.

pathetic, terrible, awful non existent service and customer service. They may as well have stolen £25 from my bank account. Surely this can’t be their normal level of “service”??? You can’t speak to anybody, not a single member of their team can help in any way shape or form and “top priority” means doing absolutely nothing for 15 days.

rant over.

7 REPLIES 7
Matty999
Scholar

In the passes and vouchers section is there a line at the top which says "you have x vouchers waiting" and then a "see vouchers" link underneath.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply but there isn’t. The pass hasn’t generated at all other than on my Smart TV . And when I try to activate it on there, I get an error message.

in my account I have the Cinema pass no problem. Then my payments where I can see both Cinema and Sports payments. Then the other passes you can buy. No other options. If I try to watch Sport it says I need to buy a pass.

They’ve acknowledged it’s broken - it’s taken them two weeks to do that - I guess it’ll take another two weeks to work out a solution.

not sure how - man pays for pass > man doesn’t have pass > give man pass - is so difficult for them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just go on their live chat right now and say to them, because of the issues and no fix, to avoid missing any further cricket, will they refund you if you purchased a pass on the tv.

Im very certain they will refund you if you purchase another. If you dont ask, you dont get. Quit waiting around for them. Resolve it on the chat.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok @Anonymous User I have just been on their live chat and spoken to an agent called HINOTO. And he wants you to hop on the live chat right now to resolve it.

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/vouchers-offers/using-vouchers - then scroll down and click How to get in touch, then click the Chat option.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. I’ll try again via this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seeing as you tried to help I thought I would update you....

after three looooooong chats the problem is still not resolved. I’m now on day 17 of having no Sports pass.

I did, after an hour get a refund of my charge. Yet the next charge is due to go next week. I’ve somehow ended up with three case references for the same issue. I’ve just had an email saying a case reference number I’ve never been given has been closed. But I still don’t have the pass.

so, now I’m having to complain to their compliance Manager.

I’ve never come across a more incompetent company in my life. They break every part of their code of practice at every turn. I’m not surprised Sky run this farce under a different name.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

make 1 final deal with them on live chat and have them note your account.

so buy the pass through your tv at full price, and then go on live chat and ask them for a partial refund of £8.99. Then when they take 33.99 for the next month, get another partial refund from them. So do this for 4 months. You gotta manually get these partial refunds via live chat, it wont be automatic.

They will do this considering the situation you have been faced with. Just make sure you are buying the pass through your tv and have them cancel your current subscription.