cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky sports pass con

Hi, i bought a sky sports pass on 27 september so i could watch the golf. Now tv had an offer for 12.99 for the month. Its october the 15th and now tv have just charged me full price for sky sports for NOVEMBER. I thought now tv was a good company until now, but they will rip you off just as quick as any other . Called them up when i eventualy got a phone number and was told because my bill date was the 16th my month pass only went from the 27th when i bought the MONTH pass to the 16th my billing date. So they then tried to charge me full sky sports price. So i bought a month pass for 12.99 and didn't get a month. Sounds like a rip off to me. I think i will cancel my broadband ,phone and tv package and go elsewhere.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, i bought a sky sports pass on 27 september so i could watch the golf. Now tv had an offer for 12.99 for the month. Its october the 15th and now tv have just charged me full price for sky sports for NOVEMBER. I thought now tv was a good company until now, but they will rip you off just as quick as any other . Called them up when i eventualy got a phone number and was told because my bill date was the 16th my month pass only went from the 27th when i bought the MONTH pass to the 16th my billing date. So they then tried to charge me full sky sports price. So i bought a month pass for 12.99 and didn't get a month. Sounds like a rip off to me. I think i will cancel my broadband ,phone and tv package and go elsewhere.

@Anonymous User Do you mind if i send you an email to get this sorted?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User Do you mind if i send you an email to get this sorted?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive exactly the same problem. I only wanted the sky sports for the golf and now despite cancelling the charges are all over the place. i cant make head or tail of my bill except that its £40 dearer this month than usual.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I called now TV and cancelled my pass but they still charged me . They told me because  I bought the pass half way through my billing month so they charged me for the next month after only 16 days of my original month pass was purchased.  Just imagine paying sky sports for a football game and at half time they cared you for the next game you didn't even want. That's what now TV are doing , big con I am going to find another provider for my TV,  broadband and phone . Hope you get somewhere with your problem. 

Keith 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got changed  for a sky sports pass for next month even though I purchased a month pass and have cancelled it. I have heard of a few people that have been ripped off like this with pro rata payments on a MONTHLY pass. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, thanks for replying to my post on nowt forum.  As I explained on the forum I purchased a skysorts pass for a month to watch the ryder cup on 26th of Sept so that should be valid until the 26th of October  I then noticed that I was being cared 33 pound for November.  I didn't want this and had cancelled my pass and had email conformation saying sorry I had cancelled. BUT THEY STILL charged me 33 pounds for November and on my now TV it says my pass runs out on November 26th. When I called up the guy told me because I didn't purchase the month pass at the start of my billing month I was cared pro rata on the 16th of October. I have a very large following on Facebook so I am going to tell any sky or now TV customers on there what has happened.  And I am looking around  for a broadband, TV and phone  company that doesn't rip it's customers  off.Thanks for contacting meKeith taylor

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android