cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky sports not working

I've applied a voucher to my account for sky sports and entertainment today. They both show in my account. The entertainment pass is working but the sky sports one isn't. When I go to watch something it takes me back to the home screen. I've tried on two different devices. It shows in my account I have a pass.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What two playback devices have you tried ?

I know there was a bug that effected a new purchase on a Sky Sports Pass on NowTV Boxes / Sticks and Roku Players and the workaround was to start watching the Sports Pass on a PC then jump over to the NowTV / Roku device which would trigger the Sports Pass.

If you don't have a PC or Mac, then see if the workaround works with the NowTV App on a smartphone / tablet.

Other than that if signing out and back in with your playback devices doesn't make any difference, see if live chat can help.

Use this link for the green live chat button.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What two playback devices have you tried ?

I know there was a bug that effected a new purchase on a Sky Sports Pass on NowTV Boxes / Sticks and Roku Players and the workaround was to start watching the Sports Pass on a PC then jump over to the NowTV / Roku device which would trigger the Sports Pass.

If you don't have a PC or Mac, then see if the workaround works with the NowTV App on a smartphone / tablet.

Other than that if signing out and back in with your playback devices doesn't make any difference, see if live chat can help.

Use this link for the green live chat button.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. It has worked after first installing and watching on a tablet, then back to the TV.

Roku boxes I use. Nowtv stick doesn't work properly, it no longer displays the nowtv app but says it's installed when you go to the store

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

With the new look NowTV homepage screen layout, you can access sports via a number of ways.

1. Click on TV Guide (first tile in the top left hand corner) then navigate across to sports on the Now & Next Guide).

2. Or scroll down the left hand side of the new home screen layout until you get to Sports, then either scroll across to which sports channel you want to watch and click OK to start watching the Sky Sports channel or click the first blue Sports ticket tile to pick up th full list of Sports live channels to watch)

3. Or you can scroll to bottom of new look screen page, then move across the horizontal tiles to TV Guide and click on it and again pick up the Sky Sports Now & Next live channels from there.

4. Or another way, press the star button on the NowTV remote , then select TV Guide, then pick up sports from the Now & Next live TV Guide.

5. Or another way, press the back button on your remote, when on the new look screen home page, then when the hidden left hand side option tabs appear select TV Guide and pick up sports from there.

6. Or if you don't like the new NowTV front end UI home screen layout, click the back button on your remote, then go to Apps Store, then select and click on the NowTV App, then click OK on "Go to App" where this will be more familiar to you (like the NowTV App on the Roku full blown players).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you this helped a lot it worked using the now tv app on my phone