cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky sports day pass cancellation help

Hi, my 2yr old kindly bought a sky sports day pass yesterday which I only found out when I checked my emails today. The small print at the bottom of the email states that I can cancel within 14 days by going to My Passes, but cant for the life of me find a way of doing it. Ringing and live chat are no good as I cant even go to the bathroom in peace with my son around. Its taken about 30mins just to type this out. Is there another way of cancelling it and getting a refund? Im not bothered if it takes a few days through messages. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Firstly add a payment pin to your account by going to My Account > Settings & Pins section whilst you are logged in on here, which then should prevent this happening in the future.

Then jump over to Live Chat by opening the link page below, select the most appropriate help topic or nearest help topic to your problem, then once you reach the final stage scroll down towards the bottom of the screen page where you should see a Get in Touch option.

Click the drop down arrow below Get in Touch where a live chat button should hopefully appear on screen.

When you contact live chat explain to them whats happened and ask for a refund for the one day sports pass accidentally purchased by your little one.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, my 2yr old kindly bought a sky sports day pass yesterday which I only found out when I checked my emails today. The small print at the bottom of the email states that I can cancel within 14 days by going to My Passes, but cant for the life of me find a way of doing it. Ringing and live chat are no good as I cant even go to the bathroom in peace with my son around. Its taken about 30mins just to type this out. Is there another way of cancelling it and getting a refund? Im not bothered if it takes a few days through messages. 

You can only cancel Month Passes @Anonymous User but i'll send you an email now and we will sort it out.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I would also suggest adding a payment security Pin to your account to avoid this happening in the future.

You can add a payment pin by going to My Account on here and from the options select Settings & Pin's.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, i've now done this so I dont have this problem again lol

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good morning my 19 month old has done the same thing yesterday walking around with the remote when the TV wasn't even on, please can you send me an email to sort this out thanks.

RoyB
Legend

This is absurd, isn’t it? You can’t watch a movie without giving a parental PIN, even if you aren’t a parent, because this is On by default, and can’t be turned off.

Yet those who are parents can be bankrupted by their children, some not even out of nappies, buying passes willy-nilly.

Although it should be able to be turned off, why isn’t this important PIN On by default on new accounts?

But in the meantime, can somebody please start a service where parents with young children can pop round the houses of people who actually want passes activated, because it seems curiously easy for these toddlers to do it, when lots of us grown-ups don’t seem to be able to? Smiley Tongue

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your help x

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, my 2 year old has just done the same thing by buying sports day pass and i dont want it. Please can you advice on how to cancel this. Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

I will send you an email now once ive checked this out 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought a 24hour sports pass- but could not get NOW TV to work on my laptop and would like a refund- how do I go about this?