cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky pass

Just bought a sky sports mobile pass, it says it has activated, but when I select a programme to watch it takes me full circle telling me I need to buy a pass. I can’t see what I am doing wrong. Any help please?

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue.  According to the live chat it is something they are aware of and working to resolve

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you using a smartphone ?

Are you using the NowTV App on your phone rather then the website with your browser ?

Are you attempting to watch the 5 only permitted channels with a Mobile Pass which is Premier League, Action, Arena, Racing & News ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Also try signing out of the NowTV App then log back into the App to see if any of the 5 Sky Sports channels play on your phone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply Schnapps. And damn! I only wanted to watch the Ashes. It wasn’t made very clear it was only for 5 selected channels. How annoying. Cancellation coming up. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

More information linked below about the different NowTV Sports passes and the difference between the full blown sports pass and a Mobile sports pass.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sky-sports-day-week-month-pass

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you go to buy it, it says ‘Watch 5 Sky Sports channels on smartphones for just £5.99 a month. Cancel anytime.’ right above the button you press to buy it.

Did you miss the ‘5’, or did you think that you could choose which 5 you had?

Perhaps ‘Watch 5 Sky Sports channels, chosen by us, on smartphones for just £5.99 a month. Cancel anytime.’ would be clearer?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi RoyB I guess is didn’t do my research in my excitement to sign up. Last time I had a sky contract there were no more than 5 sky sports channels. So I assumed the 5 referred to the full quota of sky channels. My bad!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It would be clearer if stated which 5 channels are available